sharetrader
Page 926 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 42682687691692292392492592692792892993093697610261426 ... LastLast
Results 9,251 to 9,260 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    That really sounds like a bloody awful holiday to me, but each to their own.
    Agreed, but a fair good chunk of Kiwis go there just for those types of reasons. I know people of the oposite gender that love going there with an empty suitcase to cater for their shopping fix...not uncommon apparently...that would be a net negative for NZ clothes stores right there.

I think it will be quite negative for the regions of NZ to next summer. There's been a lot of talk about kiwis supporting NZ tourism and businesses. It will be interesting to see how the support goes now there is a choice.

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by Old mate View Post
    Aside from skiing, how many ozzie's are going to come to nz in winter for a holiday?
    Wonder what percentage of aussies have been to nz. Most kiwis been there more than once

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    Yeah nah, no one's really answered Old mate's question. What does NZ have to attract Aussies in great numbers over the winter months, other than skiing (start praying for a great season)? I guess there will be those that need to catch up with family and friends, but otherwise there's not a lot. Business travel is still likely to be virtually non existent. Kiwis to Oz on the other hand, you've got warmer climes, shopping, theme parks and big cities to explore etc. Anyway, it's a great start and long may it last!
    Why do you not understand the simple fact that the large majority of Aussies (like other international visitors) travelling here for holidays don't come for skiing? it was like this before covid, and it will be the same now, except now NZ is the only international destination available to Australians, vastly increasing interest. Just because you cant see past skiing as a reason to travel doesn't mean the rest of the world has the same issue.

With governments starting to get serious about emissions targets I can't help but think time is limited for New Zealand tourism anyway. The industry is built on tax free jet fuel.

Interesting to see that Berkshire Hathaway substantially sold down holdings in airlines, fossil energy (and banks) in its latest filing.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tomtom View Post
    With governments starting to get serious about emissions targets I can't help but think time is limited for New Zealand tourism anyway. The industry is built on tax free jet fuel.

Interesting to see that Berkshire Hathaway substantially sold down holdings in airlines, fossil energy (and banks) in its latest filing.
    One of the largest new acquisitions for Berkshire Hathaway this year is Chevron, very much a fossil energy company.

I don't think tourism is going to be impacted by climate change commissions - there are already several solutions to deal with it in both the short term (offsetting carbon credits, bio-blending jet fuel) and long term (all-EV jet liners, 100% Bio-Jet Fuel).

Guru

FPH driving down the market today. It would be nice if it could finally break out of that $32 level its been at for 10-12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Rally accelerates with Dow climbing 400 points to an all-time high, S&P 500 jumping 1.5%

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/04/stoc...lose-news.html

nasdaq correction looks finished
    nasdaq at new highs last night , april living up so far to a good month for stocks. best asset class returns this year are still crypto and weed continuing on the theme from late last year.
    one step ahead of the herd

... have power to make you great

nasdaq at new highs last night , april living up so far to a good month for stocks. best asset class returns this year are still crypto and weed continuing on the theme from late last year.
    US march retail sales figures due this week.... expected to be strong

Tom Lee predicted April would be a "face ripper" of a rally, he's right as usual (not to jinx it)

I'm on auto-pilot until we reach 4400 on the S&P500 (and whatever that translates to on USF.NZX). That's Marko Kolanovic's prediction.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/18/jpmo...00-higher.html

It feels like everyone is all in now. I should take some chips off the table but I don't want to. I've always left the party early and regretted it. Just a few more drinks and then I'll leave...maybe. I don't know. I wish I had the strength to just check in on markets once every couple of years. Would make things a lot easier.

PS, I should add that Tony Dwyer on Fast Money recommended taking a little bit of profit here. Tony Dwyer, Tom Lee, and Marko Kolanovic have made plenty of people money over the last 12 months with their calls.

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/04/1...-earnings.html
    Last edited by Bobdn; 14-04-2021 at 04:35 PM.