sharetrader
Page 931 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 43183188192192792892993093193293393493594198110311431 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,310 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    You could not be more wrong on the yield part. Sheesh
    well please explain if the crypto banks pay interest on deposits. I dont believe they do. and certainly holding crypto in a wallet wont produce any yield so yeh please explain your comment, forums are for learning not sheeshing.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    well please explain if the crypto banks pay interest on deposits. I dont believe they do. and certainly holding crypto in a wallet wont produce any yield so yeh please explain your comment, forums are for learning not sheeshing.
    they do its called yield farming part of the new defi finance area disrupting the banks . just starting to emerge. if you want to see how it works etc google yield farming , earning interest on your cryto etc. pays better than bank term deposits.

now once your studied all this your begin to realize why the cryto market is now becoming a multi trillion dollar market and should be followed. you never know could be the next black monday catalyst.
    one step ahead of the herd

The sheeshing is because I have never come across a community of otherwise intelligent investors that are negative on crypto and know nothing actually correct about it BUT still insist on posting away like they do. Being negative on it is fine as is knowing nothing about it. I take issue with the blatant misinformation that is constantly posted by people pretending to have knowledge about the most basic of crypto concepts. The ability and methods to earn yield on different crypto’s is limitless. Start with Blockfi for BTC. There is literally dozens if not hundreds of other protocols

The sheeshing is because I have never come across a community of otherwise intelligent investors that are negative on crypto and know nothing actually correct about it BUT still insist on posting away like they do. Being negative on it is fine as is knowing nothing about it. I take issue with the blatant misinformation that is constantly posted by people pretending to have knowledge about the most basic of crypto concepts. The ability and methods to earn yield on different crypto’s is limitless. Start with Blockfi for BTC. There is literally dozens if not hundreds of other protocols
    Anything artificial and produces nothing is destined to fail. You can be as fancy as you like but it all comes back to that.

So if have fiat (or crypto) on an exchange and lend for others' margin trading is the % return yield?

So does it make sense that "otherwise intelligent investors" would suddenly stop being intelligent when faced with crypto? Perhaps this apparent perceived fall in intellectual capacity is because its just that the "OII" recognizes it as another version of the the age old pyramid scheme that has been cunningly disguised in new techno speak? The followers, believers and pumpers of these schemes don't want to examine the soundness of the schemes so use the age old tactic of dismissing any negativity and ignoring the gaps in credibility. This takes the form of questioning the sanity of naysayers and illustrating the huge gains that they have made. This has the secondary benefit of bringing new "investors" into the market. There are always people wanting to make a killing on the new thing and as we should know...greed causes glaucoma. All of these schemes rely on the growth and new growth to build capital. This can go on for years and of course is reliant on new funds to pay out "gains" to those wanting to withdraw. If products were being manufactured that added value and generated a profit margin then you could understand gains, but there is nothing of value being produced. At some point along the way the tipping point is reached and withdrawals exceed incoming and the fecal matter strikes the oscillating wind generator.Its understandable that crypto followers are wildly enthusiastic because where else can you "make" big gains that they brag about. It doesnt bear scrutiny under any economic standards but also doesnt or shouldnt bear scrutiny from an ethical standpoint. Whats ethics got to do with it? Well if I get a 4 or 5% yield on a business i know that the business has been creating a product or services and has provided employment for other people and is paying taxes to support infrastructure etc. If I "make" a 300% increase on a crypto "investment" where is that profit coming from? Well there is no profit so its coming from some other poor schmucks isnt it? Its unsustainable if you examine the supply /food train. Some people will do very well by getting out at the right time but their profits are being supplied by other people who should have known better but let greed get the better of them. Tough luck? i guess but ethically what has a cleaner line and a deeper sleep? Conventional investments employing people, manufacturing goods and services or something that is built and engineered around greed?
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Advanced Member

nearly all crypto is complete vapourware garbage with zero underlying worth. I was around during the dot com bubble and the whole thing is entirely identical and its very predictable where it will all end up (a whole bunch of young people learning a very expensive lesson because they thought older more experienced investors "just don't get it").
    Last edited by LaserEyeKiwi; 22-04-2021 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    nearly all crypto is complete vapourware garbage with zero underlying worth. I was around during the dot com bubble and the whole thing is entirely identical and its very predictable where it will all end up (a whole bunch of young people learning a very expensive lesson because they thought older more experienced investors "just don't get it").
    Apart from it being garbage, the warning bells are clear to see. The amount of europhic posts on Facebook investor groups about how easy money is with crypto is abit scary. So many people seem to think they are clever and it will continue forever. I was messaging back and forth a 19 year old who was leveraging 10 x into crypto and saying its easy and I don't know what Im talking about with the bubble as I'm old (I'm 34). This time is different etc etc.

History provides a valuable insight to what will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    History provides a valuable insight to what will happen.
    Indeed it does.

I also agree that most of the projects/coins are garbage and people will get burned, yes those FB investor groups, etc are utterly ridiculous. Of course that will end in tears.

However, part of the point is that anyone can make anything - there will always be scammers, trash etc as a result. There are no gatekeepers, it's decentralised.

Type "bitcoin institutions" into Google and check out some of the results. Focus more on that than honing in on the 16 year old kid down the road who just made more than you've done in 10 years on the stock market. The wealthiest and one of the smartest people on the planet convinces his board to invest $1.5B in BTC and you’re complaining about kids on Facebook?

I don't really care what you do or think, but I will continue to point out the misinformation being posted around here.
    Last edited by Entrep; 22-04-2021 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    but it is indubitably purchased to sell later at a profit so all realised gains are taxable. (because there is NO yield to produce income)
    You can stake your holding...