sharetrader
Page 939 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 43983988992993593693793893994094194294394998910391439 ... LastLast
Results 9,381 to 9,390 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

Bitcoin in a world of hurt.

I invested a small portion of my portfolio earlier this year. Got a 200% gain, trimmed a bit. It dropped down to 50% gain, bought some more. Then I sold the lot overall for 10% loss last week lol. Wow what a ride. I have realized I don't have the stomach for the wild swings and have run back to my boring but solid NZX stocks.

Some still say US$100,000 per coin by the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    bitcoin really starting to tank now

Bitcoin stumbles after China crypto warning

https://www.afr.com/markets/currenci...0210519-p57t4v

as was thinking the effects are starting to affect other markets
    Hey bull, which broker do you use to buy crypto?

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Bitcoin in a world of hurt.

I invested a small portion of my portfolio earlier this year. Got a 200% gain, trimmed a bit. It dropped down to 50% gain, bought some more. Then I sold the lot overall for 10% loss last week lol. Wow what a ride. I have realized I don't have the stomach for the wild swings and have run back to my boring but solid NZX stocks.

Some still say US$100,000 per coin by the end of the year.
    Take a zero off and I agree >> 10k USD going into 2022 IMHO
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by calledone View Post
    Hey bull, which broker do you use to buy crypto?
    i use td ameritrade if i wish to sell bitcoin futures. recent doge trade i was talking about is thru binance.

anyway as was saying i thought doge signalled the top in crypto and the only way to sum it up today is its a crash. and the effects of this crash are probably spilling over to other markets now. cypto has well over a trillion invested in it now so thats a lot of lost money today.
    Last edited by bull....; 20-05-2021 at 01:43 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Where did the money get "lost"?
    Willing buyer, willing seller. The money simply changed hands. Now it will go on term deposit... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee Vee View Post
    Where did the money get "lost"?
    Willing buyer, willing seller. The money simply changed hands. Now it will go on term deposit... lol.
    of course willing buyer , maybe forced seller.
    those that brought higher than todays prices and sell have lost money and we have no idea how much margin is involved in these transactions and if they are part of portfolio composition by institutions etc that would explain the flow on to other markets as they re-arrange the portfolio and cover losses potentially
    one step ahead of the herd

i use td ameritrade if i wish to sell bitcoin futures. recent doge trade i was talking about is thru binance.

anyway as was saying i thought doge signalled the top in crypto and the only way to sum it up today is its a crash. and the effects of this crash are probably spilling over to other markets now. cypto has well over a trillion invested in it now so thats a lot of lost money today.
    Thanks bull.

Looking at googles 1day price it really was a V crash over a few hours from over us$40 to about $32 and then back to $40.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post
    Looking at googles 1day price it really was a V crash over a few hours from over us$40 to about $32 and then back to $40.
    Its called a "BEAR TRAP"Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 11.15.38 AM.jpg
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    The issue is bitcoin is no longer dissociated with the general index (more specifically NASDAQ). The "recovery leg" from a intraday perspective yesterday netting returns up to 100% over hours in some alt coins was correlated with a recovery in the nasdaq + futures almost 1:1.

I feel uncomfortable holding it because it already has an underlying volatility factor and this new found correlation with the NASDAQ i've noticed since it's more recent resumption into a bull cycle (as per March 2020) is making it even more messier. I think it's more favourable when it's running on a bull cycle on its own terms. If I sat down and learnt about crypto trading though I would consider trading it.