sharetrader
Page 943 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 44384389393393994094194294394494594694795399310431443 ... LastLast
Results 9,421 to 9,430 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

Guru

If you're planning to still be around when things go downhill (or not), then even more reason to want to help shape and mould things I would think.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 29-05-2021 at 12:43 PM.

This doesn’t sound to good from some guy called Shares Doctor -

Current CAPE = 37 therefore negative returns each year on average for next 10 years also Q ratio mean reversion would give a 70-75% drop in SP 500 just to go to the mean. Nice fed induced 12 year bull market but the odds are looking stacked against it. Do I feel lucky?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Personally I have very little faith in what the reserve bank hints about what they might do in the future. Their only purpose is to influence the present, nothing more. I don't believe any rate rises will occur before US rates rise, that's where talk of it began.

Quote Originally Posted by Nor View Post
    Personally I have very little faith in what the reserve bank hints about what they might do in the future. Their only purpose is to influence the present, nothing more. I don't believe any rate rises will occur before US rates rise, that's where talk of it began.
    not only the reserve bank but the bank economists. long range forecasting of rates needs to be taken with a grain of salt in this uncertain environment.

The Reserve Bank has hinted it may inject more stimulus into Australia's economy to super-charge its recovery from COVID-19, while maintaining interest rates near zero for now.
    Dr Lowe also reiterated the RBA's stance that an interest rate hike is unlikely to happen "until 2024 at the earliest".

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-...ates/100180348

yea so us , aus many others not planning to raise rates for a few years yet and the RBNZ and bank economists in NZ say next year ? yea right
    one step ahead of the herd

I wonder what's going to happen to our funny little NZ market. I'm just not feeling the nzx50 at the moment. I see the ASX200 has just hit all time highs this afternoon. The world wants what Australia has. What has NZ got to offer?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    I wonder what's going to happen to our funny little NZ market. I'm just not feeling the nzx50 at the moment. I see the ASX200 has just hit all time highs this afternoon. The world wants what Australia has. What has NZ got to offer?
    Cynical Clueless Cindy.

And they can have her.

The sooner, the better.
    Last edited by Balance; 02-06-2021 at 05:52 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Climate change free zone (NZ & Canada the only countries expected to benefit in terms of agriculture, water resources etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Cynical Clueless Cindy.

And they can have her.

The sooner, the better.
    Reminds me of the story :

A man advertised ‘Wife Wanted.’

He received 100 replies and they all said ‘You can have mine.’
    Last edited by Balance; 02-06-2021 at 06:18 PM.

Guru

Reminds me of the story :
    NZX up nearly 100% since her first term.

Mike hosking said it would collapse :\

Advanced Member

Cynical Clueless Cindy.

And they can have her.

The sooner, the better.
    I have to hand it to you - you never let up on our very popular PM but your comments might be best on the political forum?