sharetrader
Page 951 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 451851901941947948949950951952953954955961100110511451 ... LastLast
Results 9,501 to 9,510 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

IMO

Thanks for sharing.Curious why u bailed out of oil,everything I've read suggests the oil price continuing to rise is a very low risk strategy.Or is it because of ESG (environmental,social,governenc e) reasons?

I still own oil through Vanguard's VDE (dominated by Chevron and Exxon) and have the oil services ETF OIH plus exposure through Smartshares ASR which contains all of the Australian producers.

There is very little oil exposure now in the major indexes so I decided to bump my exposure up a bit through these ETFs. Overall it's only a small part of my portfolio. I wish now it had been a bigger part

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kiwico View Post
    I think the Australian in question showed some taste and didn't visit them. He did visit an awful lot of eateries though. And every pre-Covid case seems to visit a chemist despite claiming they're not ill.
    I thought it sounded strange too until I realised that I also visit pharmacies more frequently when travelling or away. When away I usually or more often eat at cafes or restaurants and don’t go to supermarkets. However I may need elastoplast/ sun lotion/ mouthwash/ floss / sunglasses / travel sickness medication etc.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kiwico View Post
    I think the Australian in question showed some taste and didn't visit them. He did visit an awful lot of eateries though. And every pre-Covid case seems to visit a chemist despite claiming they're not ill.
    At first, I thought it sounded strange too. Certainly when I am away from home, I usually or more often eat at cafes or restaurants and don’t go to supermarkets. However I do go to chemists quite frequently (maybe once a fortnight or every three weeks on average) at home if not for myself, maybe to pick a prescription or other items for family members. However in addition I may visit a pharmacy if I need elastoplast/ sun lotion/ mouthwash/ floss / sunglasses / analgesics/ travel sickness medication etc. when away instead of getting them at the supermarket..
    Last edited by Bjauck; 30-06-2021 at 08:16 PM.

... have power to make you great

https://navellier.com/wp-content/upl...ne-30-2021.m4a

A must listen podcast.... US ten year treasury yields are falling, how come when the spectre of inflation is rising. Apparently there is a scramble to lock in yields before negative US interest rates happen under MMT. Is -ve interest possible when the economy is cooking... well Louis is right most times, if not more, and always seems to know what is happening beforehand

Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    https://navellier.com/wp-content/upl...ne-30-2021.m4a

A must listen podcast.... US ten year treasury yields are falling, how come when the spectre of inflation is rising. Apparently there is a scramble to lock in yields before negative US interest rates happen under MMT. Is -ve interest possible when the economy is cooking... well Louis is right most times, if not more, and always seems to know what is happening beforehand
    And this is why Central banks really want digital only currencies ...so they can implement Negative rates directly to our accounts(will be yet another TAX).. and we won't have the ability to redeem and keep our funds in hard currency ..

Interest rates can't be allowed to rise just look at the debt the reserve currency of the world has https://www.usdebtclock.org/

$401Billion interest cost on net debt !! $150 Trillion Unfunded Liabilities .... No way the FED will do anything more than a token rise which will be remove in time to go Negative
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

IMO

Thanks for that.Its a bit like the concept of infinity,hard to fathom.

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    And this is why Central banks really want digital only currencies ...so they can implement Negative rates directly to our accounts(will be yet another TAX).. and we won't have the ability to redeem and keep our funds in hard currency ..

Interest rates can't be allowed to rise just look at the debt the reserve currency of the world has https://www.usdebtclock.org/

$401Billion interest cost on net debt !! $150 Trillion Unfunded Liabilities .... No way the FED will do anything more than a token rise which will be remove in time to go Negative

Sure, they want to avoid raising interest rates, they want us to believe inflation is under control, and they will talk and talk and talk to reduce inflation expectations, but ultimately if inflation expectations start to take hold, there will be one choice: raise interest rates to curb inflation or stand aside and watch inflation expectations wreck the economy.

nz the worst market in the world this year still for performance. hence my focus on off-shore this year mainly europe and the US also the asx. guess nz will have its day again probably not this year though.

things might even get worse i see the US has threatened nz with sanctions for human trafficking. in case you think nz no way , nz is one of the worst places for labour trafficking

The Biden administration on Thursday designated 17 countries as not doing enough to combat human trafficking and warned them of potential US sanctions

The administration also called out several US allies and friends, including Israel, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal and Turkey, for backsliding in their efforts

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/human-...6LX7MBVXM6ZXQ/

bitcoin still in the range 30k - 40 k waiting for the woosh , might happen before my post posts lol anyway back to the US
    Last edited by bull....; 02-07-2021 at 08:01 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post

bitcoin still in the range 30k - 40 k waiting for the woosh
    woosh up or down?
    BTC went to $69K and now $16K. Good thing I’ve been warning you since it was $3K! I was right!