sharetrader
Page 980 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 480880930970976977978979980981982983984990103010801480 ... LastLast
Results 9,791 to 9,800 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

Quiet Observer

Quote Originally Posted by FTG View Post
    One could probably say it every week, but I reckon this week or next will give us a good indication to which way the medium term trend will head.
    Key support just below on the S & P 500 at 4230 and resistance above at 4450. Which way will it break? Only time will tell.
    Well, there you go folks. She has now clearly broken to the upside, going to ATH's (albeit since the 4/10 low, on reducing volume and with a declining A/D line).
    The key support at 4230 was briefly tested but respected, further solidifying its significance. In fact the low in the month long corrective move was pretty much kissing it.

Next resistance is 4600, then circa 4750. Bears need to respect the market, regardless of perceived irrationality. No Black Monday's yet!
    Last edited by FTG; 26-10-2021 at 09:47 AM.
    Success is a journey AND a destination!

US is still the main action market.
    big moves last week like trumps spac 1600% 1 week if you were lucky to catch the top.

this is better than owning hotels
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    US is still the main action market.
    big moves last week like trumps spac 1600% 1 week if you were lucky to catch the top.

this is better than owning hotels
    At its peak around $157 (from memory) Trumps personal interest in DWAC was effectively around $18-22b. This is a nose thumb and a response to the desire for an alternative to big tech owned media. Its a $300m cash shell with no tech, no staff, no office and $22b worth of brand value and good will. Imagine the amount of $ that could be raised a secondary stock sale or a convert and then go on to do something meaningful. I shudder to think. Do not underestimate Trump and his followers.
    Last edited by causecelebre; 27-10-2021 at 02:16 PM.

Guru

I love google/alphabet.

So many free to low cost products: android, cloud, email.

All human proteins simulated in a month by their AI, plus made open-source. They can use my data how they like as long as they keep this stuff coming.
    https://alphafold.ebi.ac.uk/
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 27-10-2021 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Golly I love google/alphabet.

So many free to low cost products: android, cloud, email.

All human proteins simulated in a month by their AI, plus made open-source.
    https://alphafold.ebi.ac.uk/

They can use my data how they like as long as they keep this stuff coming.
    And AI will only become more accessible as training costs continue to dramatically reduce. This is a classic example of Wrights Law in action.

Guru

IT is interesting what will become of it.

In Ray Kurzweill's book he states that it will take a while to develop something which can match human intelligence, but then a really short time until exceeding all human intelligence combined.

Quote Originally Posted by causecelebre View Post
    At its peak around $157 (from memory) Trumps personal interest in DWAC was effectively around $18-22b. This is a nose thumb and a response to the desire for an alternative to big tech owned media. Its a $300m cash shell with no tech, no staff, no office and $22b worth of brand value and good will. Imagine the amount of $ that could be raised a secondary stock sale or a convert and then go on to do something meaningful. I shudder to think. Do not underestimate Trump and his followers.
    How do you get trumps interest being 18-22 billion... when the total value is now only 2.9 billion ish??
    cc

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    .....in a really short time until exceeding all human intelligence combined.
    Have a look at any mass of Trump supporters to see an illustration of the limitations of combining human intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Have a look at any mass of Trump supporters to see an illustration of the limitations of combining human intelligence.
    That’s a deplorable comment

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    That’s a deplorable comment
    I'd say it was an accurate comment. Individual Trump supporters don't particularly lack morality or intelligence, but collectively, you end up with Q-anon conspiracy theories and insurrection. Human intelligence does not necessarily combine to create a greater whole.