sharetrader
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Just trying to remember the NZ connection via Tasman Farms.
    The late Dunedin businessman Howard Paterson may have been involved??
    I think it is a very well run dairying business.
    Yes, I think you're right percy - try Southern Capital/Hirequip/Pegasus town? and Tasman Agriculture all in the mix at one time or other. Graeme Wong was another name coming to mind.

if i sell all my ONC shares today, will i still be eligible for the SPP?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by NZSilver View Post
    if i sell all my ONC shares today, will i still be eligible for the SPP?
    Possibly you would, as the record date was 9th October.
    But what would hold me back, is the fact they are not despatching SPP details until the 20th November.
    My worry would be if you are not on the register when they despatch the SPP details you may miss out.
    Maybe the way round it would be to not sell your whole holding,retain 500 or so.
    Last edited by percy; 14-10-2015 at 02:43 PM.

Possibly you would, as the record date was 9th October.
    But what would hold me back, is the fact they are not despatching SPP details until the 20th November.
    My worry would be if you are not on the register when they despatch the SPP details you may miss out.
    Maybe the way round it would be to not sell your whole holding,retain 500 or so.
    Yeh I was thinking that but I'm sure if the record date says the 9th, I should be given the SPP info. Will let you know!
    Last edited by NZSilver; 14-10-2015 at 05:11 PM.

Advanced Member

percy

Game on.!!!
    Bring it on.!

percy

Any dairy company paying too high a price [farm gate] for their supply will run at a loss.
    Any dairy farmer who can keep their costs well below their selling price will make a profit.
    Any dairy company that can sell their product at a "premium"and has the marketing and logistics in place will most probably make a profit.
    To me it looks as though VDL dairy farms are located in the wet west of Tasmania,and depending on borrowing costs ,should be low cost producer.Hopefully there will be a tie up with BAL and their product will be sold at a premium.
    Last edited by percy; 05-11-2015 at 08:23 PM.

Corporate dairy farms usually have higher production costs than smaller owner operator. I don't like the look of this. Better to buy the milk and make the product.

Guru

Any dairy company paying too high a price [farm gate] for their supply will run at a loss.
    Any dairy farmer who can keep their costs well below their selling price will make a profit.
    Any dairy company that can sell their product at a "premium"and has the marketing and logistics in place will most probably make a profit.
    To me it looks as though VDL dairy farms are located in the wet west of Tasmania,and depending on borrowing costs ,should be low cost producer.Hopefully there will be a tie up with BAL and their product will be sold at a premium.
    You might like to ask the New Plymouth District Council if it was profitable (from money raised selling their lines company to Powerco)

Guru

And very difficult not to get a 20% drop in production when converting to organic supply