sharetrader
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Hope you all realize that Geneva posted its 6 months results to 30 Sept 2015 at 10.46 this morning?

Revenue up 31% to $5.756 million, profit up 423% to $1.507 million. All sectors profitable :-)

A second release, a bit later this morning, includes the info "The company's shares are traded on the NZAX, and the
    latest results have produced a basic profit of 0.639 cents per share for the
    12 months to 30 September 2015."

That implies, even with a very conservative Price/gross earnings per share, a fair bit of capital appreciation to come, especially with further increasing profits!
    Last edited by Major von Tempsky; 14-12-2015 at 11:42 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    A second release, a bit later this morning, includes the info "The company's shares are traded on the NZAX, and the
    latest results have produced a basic profit of 0.639 cents per share for the
    12 months to 30 September 2015."

That implies, even with a very conservative Price/gross earnings per share, a fair bit of capital appreciation to come, especially with further increasing profits!
    WOW, fantastic result, well done to management, we could now see more of the same but imo not to the same magnitude , looks like to me that they have settled on a very good business plan which should generate profits and dividends for a while to come.
    Whats alluded to in the way of acquitions interests me greartly. hmmmmm !

Guru

Solidly into .06 now, good buying imho for a second/third tier growth stock, breaking new ground but with this weeks profit ann all of the legacy issues are well and truly behind it, I guess GFL now joins the other second tier finance stocks , HNZ & TNR

Who are TNR again?

Think I'll put Geneva into my stockpicks for next year - they're big enough now!

They're a secret share, no discussion in the media yet on their stellar rise this year. Time for Rob Stock to write another article about them methinks.

Guru

Now Turners previous Dorchester Finance.

Thanks Whatsup - Dorchester, hmmm, interesting memories, luckily not for me!

I see Reuters is quoting Geneva's P/E at 12.58, not a bad score!
    And on the Depth table there is now one seller at 10 - nice.

Wow! Never before in my 4 decades of investing has the market so perfectly picked a result that trading continues after the announcement at exactly the same price as before it - despite a 23% rise in turnover and a 61% rise in Net Profit! Weel done Mr Market!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    Wow! Never before in my 4 decades of investing has the market so perfectly picked a result that trading continues after the announcement at exactly the same price as before it - despite a 23% rise in turnover and a 61% rise in Net Profit! Weel done Mr Market!
    Mr Market is asleep, once this result is digested there could be a rerating, Im told that with the nightmare now behind GFL it has several growth plans ready to implement, but in my view if they had ann even a small divi it could have appeared on investors radar, wait and see imo.

Agreed, but I have a feeling there won't be any dividends until they have exhausted using previous tax losses to maximise the rate of growth. Maybe 3 years...