sharetrader
Page 10 of 86 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    Edison has some brilliant insight into AFT - http://www.edisoninvestmentresearch....&ID=20059&LANG=

Edison have made me plenty of money, when they say something is undervalued I tend to agree.

Bullish for the business long term... too bearish a stock to buy in right now for me.

Perhaps one for next years portfolio... unless fomo
    Jeez .....they have a valuation of $4.73 —— and if things go really well into the future $8.09

Edison do some pretty good reports, especially with market background stuff, but financials are always very optimistic (best case)

Report was commissioned by AFT

Watching brief at this stage for me ...not as enthusiastic as some
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

They had a report on SEA too...it shoot up then down at current price..bloody fish oil..

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    Edison has some brilliant insight into AFT - http://www.edisoninvestmentresearch....&ID=20059&LANG=
    Thanks very much for that link hardt.
    Very interesting reading.
    This company is ripe for a takeover as well. It'll be chump change to one of the larger drug companies

Also anecdotally (n.b percy)
    (i) I have asked at a few chemists in Queen St and they all say its selling well
    (ii) My partner randomly brought some home the other day and said they work well.

Also note that since that report was released they have announced they are licensed in Mexico (a quite populous country!)
    They say
    Importantly we've now added our first market in North America.
    Mexico is the fifteenth largest market in the world for sales of Paracetamol
    tablets and of Ibuprofen oral tablets."
    Sadly sales wont add until FY19.

Probably one for those with patience unless someone else jumps on it, but with value hard to find and price nearing a point that has created a couple of big volume days , it all adds up to an interesting proposition

From my harmonic TA perspective I can see a bullish gartley as well.
    AFT.JPG
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Jeez .....they have a valuation of $4.73 —— and if things go really well into the future $8.09

Edison do some pretty good reports, especially with market background stuff, but financials are always very optimistic (best case)

Report was commissioned by AFT

Watching brief at this stage for me ...not as enthusiastic as some
    Not going to jump at it right away... patiently waiting for the downside to be drained.

10% float is pretty lame... cash burn requiring further debt facilities is generally the case with pharma's in mass marketing stage.

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    They had a report on SEA too...it shoot up then down at current price..bloody fish oil..
    While we are rubbishing Edison we won’t mention their feature articles on Snakk and PEB

But then again we won’t know whether they are right until at least 5 years after they publish
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

While we are rubbishing Edison we won’t mention their feature articles on Snakk and PEB

But then again we won’t know whether they are right until at least 5 years after they publish
    Again, my experience with Edison has been a good one... it is a partnership of their research and your own investment thesis that gets you there in the end... should never be blindly followed.

Guru

Lets not forget CRP either....

... looks like the technical downtrend is now perfect - AFT just passed the Cross of Death ;

Otherwise - I noticed that analysts upped somewhat their predictions for this (2018) financial losses (up by roughly by 10%). Otherwise they still seem to be upbeat.

Personally - haven't yet found anything they can do the big boys in the industry couldn't do either (and cheaper) ... but maybe their very own painkiller (forgot the name) turns into a best seller. Personally I still trust good old Aspirin - for that the side effects at least thoroughly tested (over more than 3 generations) and understood.

Discl: don't;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Im surprised you make this comment right now BP, downtrend has halted and beginning to reverse in my humble opinion.

And actually their Maxigesic patented combination of paracetemol and ibuprofen IS produced cheaper than the majors as its made in India , and it is already a major seller.

Aspirin is not suitable for those with high blood pressure, asthma, or for those on anti-depressants. You will be aware these three categories cover a fairly large proportion of people these days
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Im surprised you make this comment right now BP, downtrend has halted and beginning to reverse in my humble opinion.

And actually their Maxigesic patented combination of paracetemol and ibuprofen IS produced cheaper than the majors as its made in India , and it is already a major seller.

Aspirin is not suitable for those with high blood pressure, asthma, or for those on anti-depressants. You will be aware these three categories cover a fairly large proportion of people these days
    Just making an innocent TA observation ... ; And yes, Aspirin is not suitable for everybody, nor is it the only available painkiller on the market ...

But look - I don't have any heart blood in this one and did only quite cursory research on it (just couldn't find a reason to invest more time into them). I wish holders the best of luck. Wouldn't it be nice if NZ would produce in the pharmaceutical sector for a change a winner. We had already too many Genesis Research's and PEB's;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)