sharetrader
Page 57 of 86 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    I had a price target of $5, so when it hit $5.40, I sold out about 50% of my holding.

$5.40 represented 2x my average cost and given it was starting to get a bit ahead of my target price, I thought I would take some off the table.
    i think that's an excellent decision, and well done! I hope you treated yourself to something nice with your profits!

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

I got a pack of Maxigesic from the pharmacy on Saturday.

The annoyance at both the fact that I asked for pure Ibuprofen (none of this cut stuff for me) and that I did not check what the actually gave me is tempered by being an AFT shareholder and knowing their product is sold in Sarawak.

Should be back over $5 a share on this news.
    om mani peme hum

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    I got a pack of Maxigesic from the pharmacy on Saturday.

The annoyance at both the fact that I asked for pure Ibuprofen (none of this cut stuff for me) and that I did not check what the actually gave me is tempered by being an AFT shareholder and knowing their product is sold in Sarawak.

Should be back over $5 a share on this news.
    Trust the Maxigesic worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    (none of this cut stuff for me)
    I think the idea is that the combination works better than either on its own.
    But please let us know how it went for you.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Trust the Maxigesic worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    I think the idea is that the combination works better than either on its own.
    But please let us know how it went for you.
    To be honest I find Maxigesic an odd product idea. I either take ibuprofen or paracetamol depending upon the current affliction and I have stuffed the packet in the medical box and will probably re-discover them in a years time and wonder why I bought them.

Still, if it makes a profit it is not a pain
    Last edited by Snow Leopard; 16-10-2020 at 07:35 PM.
    om mani peme hum

Guru

Can someone please post the todays Stuff news item regarding todays huge sales numbers of vitamin C tabs ?

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Can someone please post the todays Stuff news item regarding todays huge sales numbers of vitamin C tabs ?
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/123...ceutical-sales

Covid-19 has sparked a surge in demand for products that help boost immunity, AFT Pharmaceuticals says.
    In the first seven months of this year, sales of its high-potency vitamin C products were already more than double the amount sold in the whole of last year.
    Sales of the drug company’s high-dose vitamin C Lipo-Sachets, which claim to have 80 per cent higher absorption than standard vitamin C, have reached $2.5 million since the start of its financial year on April 1, compared with just $1.1m of sales for the previous 12 months, said founder and managing director Hartley Atkinson. He expects the sales to reach around $2.8m for the full year to March 31, 2021.
    “There's been quite a big uplift in people taking more of these type of products,” Atkinson said. “People are worried about their immune systems and trying to be as healthy as possible, and that has driven people to taking additional vitamins.
    “Normally people have taken them during winter to ward off colds and flu but obviously this year with pandemics and the like around, people have been much more cautious, and much more aware, and therefore have taken more of these vitamins to really make sure that they are in the best shape possible.”
    immunity during Covid rose to prominence earlier this year when Dr Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases in the United States said he supplemented his diet with vitamins C and D.
    AFT began selling vitamin D Lipo-Sachets to bolster immunity a few months ago and has sold $200,000 worth so far, Atkinson said. It’s also expanded its vitamin C range this year to include new flavours and a children’s version which had been popular.
    The company anticipated increased demand ahead of lockdown and stocked up on its supplies, although it did have to air freight some product from Europe which was expensive, he said.
    In contrast, sales of the company’s products to treat cold and flu such as Maxigesic PE had been lower as social distancing, hand-washing and mask-wearing curbed the spread of illness, he said.
    AFT has been investing in growing its product range and expanding its global markets since listing in 2015. In 2019, chairman David Flacks said it had reached a pivotal point in its development, turning to an operating profit of $6.1m from a $10.1m loss the year earlier.
    Atkinson on Wednesday reiterated that the company expects to post an operating profit of between $14m and $18m this year, up from an operating profit of $11.8m last year.
    He expected the company to start paying a dividend in the year ending March 31, 2022.
    “We do want to be able to look at paying a dividend as soon as we can,” he said. “Provided we are getting the results we are planning on, and we are getting our net debt down to about $25m then we would look to try and pay a dividend next financial year.”
    AFT is focused on growing its largest market, Australia, to $100m in revenue in the next four to five years, from $61.4m last year. New Zealand sales last year were $30.1m.
    Still, the biggest potential is the wider international market where AFT is progressively launching products like Maxigesic, Atkinson said.
    “As we roll that out then that will really drive the international sales and drive the overall sales of our business,” he said.
    The company launched Maxigesic in Germany a month ago and is soon to launch in Canada, he said. The product is licensed in more than 100 countries.
    AFT shares increased 0.4 per cent to $4.90 in afternoon trading on Wednesday, and have gained 40 per cent this year.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/123...ceutical-sales

Covid-19 has sparked a surge in demand for products that help boost immunity, AFT Pharmaceuticals says.
    In the first seven months of this year, sales of its high-potency vitamin C products were already more than double the amount sold in the whole of last year.
    Sales of the drug company’s high-dose vitamin C Lipo-Sachets, which claim to have 80 per cent higher absorption than standard vitamin C, have reached $2.5 million since the start of its financial year on April 1, compared with just $1.1m of sales for the previous 12 months, said founder and managing director Hartley Atkinson. He expects the sales to reach around $2.8m for the full year to March 31, 2021.
    “There's been quite a big uplift in people taking more of these type of products,” Atkinson said. “People are worried about their immune systems and trying to be as healthy as possible, and that has driven people to taking additional vitamins.
    “Normally people have taken them during winter to ward off colds and flu but obviously this year with pandemics and the like around, people have been much more cautious, and much more aware, and therefore have taken more of these vitamins to really make sure that they are in the best shape possible.”
    immunity during Covid rose to prominence earlier this year when Dr Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases in the United States said he supplemented his diet with vitamins C and D.
    AFT began selling vitamin D Lipo-Sachets to bolster immunity a few months ago and has sold $200,000 worth so far, Atkinson said. It’s also expanded its vitamin C range this year to include new flavours and a children’s version which had been popular.
    The company anticipated increased demand ahead of lockdown and stocked up on its supplies, although it did have to air freight some product from Europe which was expensive, he said.
    In contrast, sales of the company’s products to treat cold and flu such as Maxigesic PE had been lower as social distancing, hand-washing and mask-wearing curbed the spread of illness, he said.
    AFT has been investing in growing its product range and expanding its global markets since listing in 2015. In 2019, chairman David Flacks said it had reached a pivotal point in its development, turning to an operating profit of $6.1m from a $10.1m loss the year earlier.
    Atkinson on Wednesday reiterated that the company expects to post an operating profit of between $14m and $18m this year, up from an operating profit of $11.8m last year.
    He expected the company to start paying a dividend in the year ending March 31, 2022.
    “We do want to be able to look at paying a dividend as soon as we can,” he said. “Provided we are getting the results we are planning on, and we are getting our net debt down to about $25m then we would look to try and pay a dividend next financial year.”
    AFT is focused on growing its largest market, Australia, to $100m in revenue in the next four to five years, from $61.4m last year. New Zealand sales last year were $30.1m.
    Still, the biggest potential is the wider international market where AFT is progressively launching products like Maxigesic, Atkinson said.
    “As we roll that out then that will really drive the international sales and drive the overall sales of our business,” he said.
    The company launched Maxigesic in Germany a month ago and is soon to launch in Canada, he said. The product is licensed in more than 100 countries.
    AFT shares increased 0.4 per cent to $4.90 in afternoon trading on Wednesday, and have gained 40 per cent this year.

More good news thank you.

Sam Stubbs had nice words to say about AFT

https://nzherald.co.nz/business/news...ectid=12377535
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

https://themarketherald.com.au/rooli...er-2020-10-29/

RooLife Group (RLG) has achieved 62 per cent year-on-year growth in revenues for the September quarter
    Revenues surged to $940,000 for the quarter, alongside total cash receipts of $828,000
    The company also secured a record number of contract wins worth an anticipated $7.4 million, with three substantial new signings
    In addition to the increased revenues recorded, RooLife added around $6.2 million to its coffers through a recent placement and entitlement offer
    While the company only has six months of funding available at current spending levels, the enhanced revenue base will likely extend this going forward
    RooLife Group is trading 3.23 per cent lower for 3 cents

The contracts are expected to deliver revenues right through into the 2023 financial year.

The company launched three new Tmall online stores in partnership with U.S. company Nuria Beauty, COLABDry Shampoo from the United Kingdom and New Zealand’s AFT Pharmaceuticals.

The Nuria Beauty and COLAB Dry Shampoo stores have gained traction with Chinese consumers, highlighted by impressive month-on-month sales growth since their launches.

October's launch of the Kiwi Health store and impending launches of Total Beauty Network’s INIKA cosmetics brand and BLIS Technologies’ key oral probiotics products are also expected to deliver growth through the December quarter.