sharetrader
Page 5 of 86 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Guru

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/236150.pdf

On the face of it, what was interesting for me:
    - "losses" (when excluding Research and development expenses and Equity accounted loss of joint venture entity) increased slightly from $204k to $564k
    - gross profit up almost 12%, with margins reasonably strong (not showing singes of dramatic decreases in gross margin to try sell more!)
    - Australia is doing very well (and probably continue to grow in double digits)
    - Rest of world will probably continue to treble in sales for the next few years
    - NZ is performing "solidly" but will probably continue at mid single digits due to saturation (great to see market share is growing!)

Look forward to hearing what others are thinking, but this looks to be a keeper!

Disclosure: of course I'm holding!

Guru

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/a...two-years.html

Anyone go?

Presentation didn't look to exciting, but it's good to see things are tracking well

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    The big question is just how much dosh they are churning through with the research,and whether they are coming up with anything--I wonder if they would not be better off just promoting their established product(but whats the difference between just taking 1/2 tab of ibuprofen and 1/2 of paracetimal (i did the spell check on the misspelling of para and it told me ''malpractice'' --you gotta laugh sometimes)

Theres probably a big difference but Ive often wondered
    Taking paracetamol and ibuprofen together is effectively the same, and a lot of doctors do actually prescribe this for post-operative pain relief (particularly with the current push to get away from opiate-based analgesics). However, in theory it's best for patient safety and compliance to simplify a prescription as much as possible (one tablet is better than two). As far as over-the-counter use is concerned, I imagine that users who find that a combination is best for their particular pain would also prefer to have a packet of the all-in-one tablet, plus it's safer if the combination dose is pre-measured instead of having a situation where consumers have to mix and match.

What I'm most interested in is whether they have a US sales partner lined up and what sort of marketing effort will be directed toward US healthcare providers.

One day the share price might surge up

Impressive sales chart in annoucement

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/243361.pdf
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Taking paracetamol and ibuprofen together is effectively the same, and a lot of doctors do actually prescribe this for post-operative pain relief (particularly with the current push to get away from opiate-based analgesics). However, in theory it's best for patient safety and compliance to simplify a prescription as much as possible (one tablet is better than two). As far as over-the-counter use is concerned, I imagine that users who find that a combination is best for their particular pain would also prefer to have a packet of the all-in-one tablet, plus it's safer if the combination dose is pre-measured instead of having a situation where consumers have to mix and match.

What I'm most interested in is whether they have a US sales partner lined up and what sort of marketing effort will be directed toward US healthcare providers.
    Thats the million dollar question--IMO thats where PEB has stumbled...no big US partner

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    One day the share price might surge up

Impressive sales chart in annoucement

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/243361.pdf
    Fantastic annoucement! What is hard to believe is how the share price has 'barely' budged, given, what I think we can all agree on, is a very impressive annoucement... (I suppose the given the broader market weakness, where the nzx 50 is down 1.2% or so, getting any bump is 'ok')

Disclosure: very comformtable holder, just don't own enough

You know all about AFT

Is this what was expected

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/247882.pdf

Just a bit surprised with the 1% sales growth over pcp. . Their charts always touted a CAGR of close to 20% pa
    Last edited by winner69; 11-11-2016 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    You know all about AFT

Is this what was expected

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/247882.pdf

Just a bit surprised with the 1% sales growth over pcp. . Their charts always touted a CAGR of close to 20% pa
    You still getting over this shocker result t-j

Still having trouble reconciling the abysmal revenues growth reported v previous presentations etc

Millions more pills being sold don't seem to generating any extra dollars

I've always been surprised at what a low EBITA they have when Maxigesic is so $$$ at the pharmacy and its active compounds are one of the most commoditised in the drug market.

The chart below is from an update dated Sept 12th - nice looking chart with the note that FY17 projection is based on 33 million tabs for first 5 months of year (heaps more than all of FY16

Even t_j was moved to say 'fantastic announcement' - even piqued my interest

But then H1 revenues are only going to be up 1%

Doesn't seem to make much sense

Please t_j - what the heck is going on here
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by winner69; 17-11-2016 at 08:13 PM.