sharetrader
Page 37 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Hey BP
    I think you understimate the value of the licensing and registration of its products in the large number of countries that AFT has acquired , and the time and skill necessary to obtain those .

The share price has clearly been driven by demand , not hype, as the price has been rising for quite a while now on increasing volume too.
    You might be right that the share price is starting to get a little optimistic but we will see over time how sales and profitability increase. I am not releasing mine just yet.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Guru

Big volume went through at $4.00, biggest in the near 4.5 years AFT has been listed. Average volume for AFT is around 37k shares traded a day, so far nearly 1.3 million shares have changed hands.

Wonder who was selling and who was buying before results in less than 2 weeks time.

Guru

While everybody is busy talking about the metlife takeover, I decided to scroll back 4 pages and post on here.

The panic slide towards $4 seems to have well and truly reversed... AFT was the best performer on the NZX main board, with a bit above average volume going through (for AFT)... not far off an all time high (one of the few companies in NZ to be in such a position I would imagine) and with the full year results to be released Wednesday morning, the exciting times continue.
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 18-05-2020 at 04:29 PM.

percy

Certainly will be interesting,seeing whether they are pharmacy or retail.
    My local chemist told me his retail business is dead.

I'm sure the report tomorrow will be good, but the liquidity is beyond ridiculous you can't even have a large holding without having a low chance of exiting it all.. maybe that will change tomorrow with a good report. Here's to hoping.

Guru

Wow, great results really, and in an uncertain environment today, AFT is forecasting underlying operating profit to rise between 23 and 58 percent.
    Taking the midpoint of that, AFT is trading on a FY21 price to underlying profit of 28 and likely to grow at 20% plus for the next few years I reckon. This combined with strong operating cash flows and a strong track record (with an operating revenue CARG of 14% over the past decade) results in AFT, even on a price to underlying profit of 28, being cheap in the mid $4. I therefore move my $5 target price forward from November to this week.

A true growth company indeed, probably the only one on the NZX that is somewhat reasonably priced as well.
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 20-05-2020 at 08:13 AM.

Guru

$4.98 at the open, probably $5+ by the end of the day.... was $3 in March, and $1.70 a bit over a year ago.
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 20-05-2020 at 09:33 AM.

Guru

Nice little pop up to $5-00 .

Guru

.... And after high (for AFT) volume of 52k shares, and a VWAP of $4.89, AFT is back down to the open price. Not ideal the NZX 50 itself is down, but still - I'm surprised.
    After today's impressive result, with good guidance, it is hard not to be tempted in the mid $4's (as mentioned previously)
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 20-05-2020 at 10:24 AM.

that is surprising eh TJ (that price falls back ) but we all know the stockmarket buys the rumour and sells the fact
    but no matter the market, the result was pretty good , I particularly like the way that they had expanded the medical maxigesic from 3 to 128 countries. Not sure how that translates but sounds full of potential.
    However for the record I sold recently prior to all this @4.20 (my favourite number ) but may look to buy in again if price falls too far back.
    I have a great psychological failing that I find it virtually impossible to buy a share for more than I sold it for. which is an emotional response not a rational one.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....