sharetrader
Page 11 of 86 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

ah yeh I should have disclosed. I do have a small holding , purchased recently at $2:30
    very low liquidity, so have to stay small.
    T/O is likely outcome imo - by one of those big boys for whom taking this out will be chump change
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Hey I just thought I'd cheer up my day by highlighting how this has moved since I highlighted a bullish pattern very early this month (5th) , and reiterated my view on the 19th allowing others to partake.
    Green again today and am now sitting on +37c (16%) this month.
    AFT31012018.JPG
    Last edited by peat; 31-01-2018 at 11:54 AM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Absolutely - cheer is always good ;

I agree - the indicators look better, though I am not sure about the reasons (no price sensitive announcement). SP now above MA50, MA100 and MA200 (and there even was a wee Golden Cross).

On the other hand - volumes are nothing out of the ordinary - and RSI looks at current pretty overcooked. Still - may well be that it found its bottom late December / early January. Or maybe not. This is the risk with one trick ponies ... they might do really well, but often they don't.

Maybe I am just negatively biased by some other pharmaceutical / medical NZ stocks: Genesis Research (for people with long memories) and PEB. Both had as well a great story and unlimited potential, but look where they ended up. So far I am not sure whether AFT will be different, but they well may be.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Absolutely - cheer is always good ;
    ..... and then goes on to say all the bad things. lol

Your nick is just too appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    ..... and then goes on to say all the bad things. lol

Your nick is just too appropriate.
    Look - where I am coming from it is BlackPeter's (or the Krampus') task to point out the inconvenient truths.

However - shooting the messenger is something humans are good at all over the globe ;
    ----

Guru

The low liquidity probably doesn't help and could be a cause of the fast jumps and falls - but as a long term holder, I am unconcerned about this.
    The underlying business is pretty good, previously profitable (for many years), good market position, great products (most important thing in my view), earning most of their income offshore.
    AFT will be one to watch that is for sure, wouldn't be too surprising to see it become an NZX 50 company and pay a dividend within a few years.

Guru

Just as things started to get exciting... down we go again
    share price wise anyway

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Just as things started to get exciting... down we go again
    share price wise anyway
    I would be so irritated seeing $30k trades destroy $20,000,000 in market cap.

... looks like the technical downtrend is now perfect - AFT just passed the Cross of Death ;

Otherwise - I noticed that analysts upped somewhat their predictions for this (2018) financial losses (up by roughly by 10%). Otherwise they still seem to be upbeat.

Personally - haven't yet found anything they can do the big boys in the industry couldn't do either (and cheaper) ... but maybe their very own painkiller (forgot the name) turns into a best seller. Personally I still trust good old Aspirin - for that the side effects at least thoroughly tested (over more than 3 generations) and understood.

Discl: don't;
    Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Im surprised you make this comment right now BP, downtrend has halted and beginning to reverse in my humble opinion.

Still surprised?

But then, volume is quite low and charts don't give a meaningful direction. Looks like AFT is sort of scratching down the bottom of the barrel.

Obviously - it can go both ways from here depending on their market fortunes. The only other thing I remember about AFT is that their CEO did't came across as a strong seller when I heard him speaking at the last NZSA conference, and not being a strong salesman might be a handicap in this business.

Anyway, time will tell.

Would be nice to see a NZ pharma company succeeding ...
    ----

Still surprised?
    wow righteous much

I'm not surprised a little company like this gets hit by a large correction in the over all market.
    Personally I think the buy signal was truly triggered and the stop hasnt been hit so its wait and let the faith rebuild.

(Discl, holding a trvial quantity just for the ride)