sharetrader
Page 33 of 86 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

nice trading update made the share price jump just now

Dr Hartley Atkinson said: "As news of
    the Covid-19 outbreak emerged at the start of this year, we moved quickly to
    significantly build stocks of our key medicines in Australasia and we have
    been rewarded for this foresight.
    "By way of example, we sold $1.2m of Vitamin C Liposachets in New Zealand
    over 3 days alone which represented our prior 12 months sales.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Guru

Market slow toi catch on, year end should be at the upper mid range of its recent guide lines.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Market slow toi catch on, year end should be at the upper mid range of its recent guide lines.
    it has been one of the steadiest in my portfolio , only today was there some infection but it seems selling $1.2M worth of Vitamin C has fixed it !! ;+)

I did say before that this company would benefit from increased demand for health products even though none of their products fix Corona virus specifically.
    Last edited by peat; 10-03-2020 at 02:30 PM.

Yeah except they’ve implied supply chain disruption and with their “crazy” sales guidance the exact same

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    it has been one of the steadiest in my portfolio ,
    vs NZX50 and SUM

Attachment 11105

(without todays +10 )

Outside thinking.

Well done holders...... seems it is not all doom and gloom.

FPH holding up well too.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Why would they? This is a $5 stock within 1-2 years.
    You heard it hear first folks
    Nearly at $4 today... my $5 estimate 2 months ago might be hit closer to the 1 year mark (ie early 2021) than the 2 year mark... maybe even sooner than 1 year.
    Also on track for $10 in about 4-5 years time.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Well done holders...... seems it is not all doom and gloom.

FPH holding up well too.
    Balance has obviously missed this one. He only follows (and bags) the back door jobs. Just trade that man.

Interesting .... French authorities warn against taking any anti inflammatory medication when infected with Coronavirus.

PARIS — France's health minister on Saturday said people should not use anti-inflammatory drugs if they have coronavirus-like symptoms because it could worsen their condition.

"Taking anti-inflammatory drugs (ibuprofen, cortisone ...) could be an aggravating factor for the infection. If you have a fever, take paracetamol," Oliver Veran said on Twitter.
    https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2020...ance-drug.html

But hey - nothing new here - doctors are warning patients with fever already for decades against taking anti-inflammatories (like e.g. Aspirin). Anti-inflammatories depress the immune system which is the last thing anybody with a virus (be it the new or any old boring flu virus) would want.

AFT's amazing drug is just a mixture of Aspirin and Paracetamol - isn't it? Which would make it quite unsuitable (and even dangerous) for anybody infected with this new virus.

Maybe not the silver bullet against the current hype. Better not to tell customers.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Interesting .... French authorities warn against taking any anti inflammatory medication when infected with Coronavirus.

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2020...ance-drug.html

But hey - nothing new here - doctors are warning patients with fever already for decades against taking anti-inflammatories (like e.g. Aspirin). Anti-inflammatories depress the immune system which is the last thing anybody with a virus (be it the new or any old boring flu virus) would want.

AFT's amazing drug is just a mixture of Aspirin and Paracetamol - isn't it? Which would make it quite unsuitable (and even dangerous) for anybody infected with this new virus.

Maybe not the silver bullet against the current hype. Better not to tell customers.
    So if this advice has been around for decades then Maxigesic sales trajectory probably won't change much (aka still keep growing nicely)... however, as the recent NZX announcement outlined (when reading between the lines), it wasn't really about Maxigesic (1 product) sales... it was about their other products, for example (but not limited to) they sold $1.2m worth of a vitamin C product that they would usually sell annually... in 3 days!

But do they just have Maxigesic and Vitamin C Liposachets (aka 2 products)? No! AFT have over 130 products (I suggest you have a look around https://www.aftpharm.com/). Interestingly, in 2015 IPO documents, it was mentioned not 1 product contributed more than 9.2% of operating revenue, it is probably similar-ish today (aka I doubt Maxigesic = 50% of operating revenue)... just puts it into perspective how diversified AFT really are. So yes, I know you (and probably most people) think of "AFT = Maxigesic" (or at least your post above would seem to indicate this, and fair enough - this is probably their most well known 'achievement), but they are far from a 1 trick pony... in fact they have over 130 'other tricks' right now to rely on (including, and I assume you missed this, just selling Paracetamol! https://www.aftpharm.com/products/no...e-paracetamol/ - a big seller in Aussie they say, probably even bigger now!)

AFT, with its diverse portfolio of established, well-recognized products across a wide range of therapeutic categories marketed to all major distribution channels, will almost certainly benefit from coronavirus - the big issue however is if they can source and ship product fast enough, but hey at least they will be clearing inventory fast!

I reckon there is a good chance they'll beat their upper end estimate and get say $22m operating profit - that would put AFT on a PE of 15x (and probably a price to revenue ratio of about 3... what was that other growth stock SKO at? something like 15x?? and with no NPAT in sight???)... not bad for a company likely to grow at least in the double digits for the years to come and with positive operating cash flows and profits.
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 15-03-2020 at 11:25 AM.