sharetrader
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: ATC- Altech HPA

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carpenterjoe View Post
    Pretty sure they haven't gained building consent from local authorities.

Stage targets and amounts seem to be changing.

I feel i have been feed information after the fact, regarding exact finance timeline.

I dont hate this investment prospect, but i will be careful digesting future information/timelines the company is going to release.
    Did I miss an announcement about no building consent? Care to elaborate?

HC poster reporting on presentation he attended in Brisbane. Thks Accumul8r.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/ann...st_id=36176086

IMO

Had a look at the HPA process chart and there are re 33 different process stages!. That looks complicated and like a lot can go wrong.All those operations have to be operating perfectly to reach the right highgrade material. Rebuttal?
    Download Document 7.95MB re page 22

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    Did I miss an announcement about no building consent? Care to elaborate?
    https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/201810...sdfwdz8n35.pdf

"allowing for the submission of site development order application to local Johor Authorities."

happy to be wrong about this, but to me it reads they have not started building yet. All they have done is basic requirements to get consent.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    No building consent with local authorities in Malaysia?

WOW. Clearly - you need detailled building plans (which are a requirement for a building permit and a deliverable for their contract with SMS) to do that.
    As they announced in July - this is one of the things they are currently working at togehter with the site preparation

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/201807...hfb7g0psx7.pdf

Sure - this is a process, but where exactly do you see the issues given that the building is in a designated industrial zone (with other compatible chemical industry around) and given that they have already a manufacturing licence? The authorities clearly want this to happen ...

Timelines are changing? True, they have and they might keep doing that. However - haven't yet seen a lot of non-trivial projects where this was not the case on the way from concept to finalisation ...

I do measure management not at their capability to predict the future with absolute accuracy, but at their capability to work with uncertainty and to adapt to changing circumstances.

My point is, timing is everything and i am scared that works have been charged to investors but works are a while from starting and they have no finance except from investors. we have circa 4 month wait till funds are approved. maybe another month till funds are released. i detect a time frame error

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Had a look at the HPA process chart and there are re 33 different process stages!. That looks complicated and like a lot can go wrong.All those operations have to be operating perfectly to reach the right highgrade material. Rebuttal?
    Download Document 7.95MB re page 22
    LOL. Have another look at this chart and try to understand it. The first 6 steps of this oh-so-complicated chart are to pick up the Alumina in Meckering (which requires a digger, probably a loader, a container and a truck) and to transport the container with said truck over a sealed Australian highway to the port in Perth.

Now comes step 7 - and we are already 20% into the process ... and sure, the loader can break down or the truck can blow a tyre ... but get real - if this is a complicated process for you, than there are not too many companies you should invest into ... ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/201810...sdfwdz8n35.pdf

"allowing for the submission of site development order application to local Johor Authorities."

happy to be wrong about this, but to me it reads they have not started building yet. All they have done is basic requirements to get consent.
    Nobody said that they started to build. They are clearing the site and did some ground tests they need to determine the fundament and to get the building consent.

My point is, timing is everything and i am scared that works have been charged to investors but works are a while from starting and they have no finance except from investors. we have circa 4 month wait till funds are approved. maybe another month till funds are released. i detect a time frame error
    Not sure I understand your position. If you are so scared I assume you are not holding. But if you are not holding, than why are you scared? Confused.

Looking at the details - they had recently a CR to fund the site clearance and preparation ... and that's what they are currently doing. What other works have they charged to investors?
    ----

Nobody said that they started to build. They are clearing the site and did some ground tests they need to determine the fundament and to get the building consent.

Not sure I understand your position. If you are so scared I assume you are not holding. But if you are not holding, than why are you scared? Confused.

Looking at the details - they had recently a CR to fund the site clearance and preparation ... and that's what they are currently doing. What other works have they charged to investors?
    Shane Volk stated on Wednesday that piling has commenced. Would that be a component required in any building consent?

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitrev View Post
    Shane Volk stated on Wednesday that piling has commenced. Would that be a component required in any building consent?
    Good point. I don't think they would need to do that already now to get a consent - but obviously it is a requirement to build. Who knows, maybe building started already and they just didn't tell us?

Can't wait for the next announcement ...
    ----

IMO

LOL. Have another look at this chart and try to understand it. The first 6 steps of this oh-so-complicated chart are to pick up the Alumina in Meckering (which requires a digger, probably a loader, a container and a truck) and to transport the container with said truck over a sealed Australian highway to the port in Perth.

Now comes step 7 - and we are already 20% into the process ... and sure, the loader can break down or the truck can blow a tyre ... but get real - if this is a complicated process for you, than there are not too many companies you should invest into ... ;
    You have a count, i excluded the mining and loading parts as wells the water adding tanks and added only one of the acid tanks, got 33 processes. Only one has to underperform to affect the whole quality and through put.