sharetrader
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Marmota Energy - MEU

Marmota Energy is a junior explored based in, and focused on mineral exploration in South Australia (particularly uranium). Market cap at the current price of 14c is around $17m, with around half of that accounted for in cash. Currently doing a capital raising at 14c which may or may not get taken up based on the low share price. Comes from the Beach/Ramelius/Monax stable, and has various JVs in place with Monax in particular.

I've taken a small stake as a punt on a couple of their projects that look interesting.

1. Melton (right to earn 50%). MEU have tenements along strike north and south of Rex Minerals Hillside copper project. Melton is Rex has run from being a penny stock to around $2 based on their copper results at Hillside. Targets are currently being generated for drilling next February.

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics...idsId=01010738

2. Mulyungarie/Junction Dam (right to earn 51%). Greenfield uranium find with similarities to the nearby Honeymoon Well operation. Still early days, but some encouraging interecepts. More drilling results due soon.

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics...idsId=01009660

MD Dom Calandro and board member Dr Neville Alley look particularly well equipped to bring a high level of technical know how and local knowledge to the company.

Mr Dom Calandro, Managing Director, has 13 years experience in the management, processing, and provision of geophysical data and information with a strong record of seamless project outcome delivery. He has significant geoscience expertise, with experience advising mineral explorers on appropriate geophysical methods and tools to use in exploration for a variety of commodities. He has most recently held the position of Chief Mineral Geophysicist for the South Australian Government where he was responsible for the design and management of a variety of large-scale government geophysical acquisition programs, which were successfully completed as part of the SAEI and TEISA initiatives. As Manager of the geoscience data and information systems for the South Australian Government he contributed to the reduction of exploration risk for mineral explorers in the State. Dom was also the manager of the highly successful PACE initiative, which featured a collaborative drilling program, large-scale geophysical acquisition projects and innovative data management and delivery improvement programs.

Dr Neville F Alley, Executive Director, is an internationally known earth science researcher and has wide experience in geological mapping and research in Australia and overseas. He formulated the recent research effort to unravel palaeochannel systems in southern Australia. In 2004 he was awarded the Verco Medal for his contribution and leadership in the earth sciences and the Public Service Medal (PSM) in 2005 for outstanding contribution to geology and the minerals industry. He has extensive experience at senior levels in Government in Canada and as Director, Minerals, MESA and PIRSA, has a high level understanding of Government policy, regulation and legislation. He was a Member of the Resources Taskforce and made a significant contribution in setting the SA Government's strategies for reinvigorating the minerals industry and led the development of Government initiatives such as TEISA and PACE. Neville has worked closely with Aboriginal people and the community in developing a higher profile for the resources industry. He is a Director of Monax Mining Limited, Beach Petroleum Limited, InterMet Resources Limited and a Visiting Research Fellow, School of Earth and Environmental Sciences, The University of Adelaide.

Without a resource of any kind, this stock is just a punt on some exploration success. Still, its cheap enough, so plenty of upside is possible should they get lucky.
    Last edited by Huang Chung; 15-11-2009 at 10:09 PM.

Hi HC,

MEU ..... figure December 2009/January 2010 will see some downside,
    as several negative time cycles come into play, but 01-05022010 may
    bring some upside, as a significant and positive cycle slides into position .....

have a great day

paul

=====
    Last edited by yogi-in-oz; 15-11-2009 at 09:06 PM.
    Disclaimer: yogi makes no claim to be a licenced investment advisor.

Always consult your licenced advisor or other financial professional expert.

Quote Originally Posted by yogi-in-oz View Post

Hi HC,

MEU ..... figure December 2009/January 2010 will see some downside,
    as several negative time cycles come into play, but 01-05022010 may
    bring some upside, as a significant and positive cycle slides into position .....

have a great day

paul

=====
    Thanks Yogi......I think.

A bit of trivia.....'Marmota Monax' is the scientific name for the groundhog, and features in the logos of both companies. Good to see someone's got a sense of humor.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groundhog
    Last edited by Huang Chung; 15-11-2009 at 10:16 PM.

Hi Huang,

Dont worry about Yogi (paul) mate, as he is always astro with many stocks and keeping up his quota so he can smooth out the averages on his Astro EMA's or something along those lines

Change from Astro to TA,

MACD, Stochastics, Moving Average with a double hammer the past two trading days is looking good for Technically a potential another leg up.

Other than that, dont know much about this stock except:

Issuer Name Marmota Energy Limited
    Industry Group Energy - 1010 Shares on Issue 84,644,009
    Price (previous close in cents) 13.5 Market Cap ($) 11,426,941

Not holding but may buy a few for a short term punt.

Cheers for now mate~!

Advanced Member

This stock has more action in the 2 weeks than Rihanna. I have taken a small gamble today.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman View Post
    This stock has more action in the 2 weeks than Rihanna. I have taken a small gamble today.
    I see that action was due to the West Melton ann close by to the 50/50 Melton JV project with MOX.

Given all MOX has going on, i see they sold some 3m odd shares in MEU (still holding 32m+ shares, > 20% stake).

Soulman, you still holding? Melton has never really impressed me, & MEU's uranium interests to start with, cooled my interest.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I see that action was due to the West Melton ann close by to the 50/50 Melton JV project with MOX.

Given all MOX has going on, i see they sold some 3m odd shares in MEU (still holding 32m+ shares, > 20% stake).

Soulman, you still holding? Melton has never really impressed me, & MEU's uranium interests to start with, cooled my interest.
    Still got them Shasta. Just bought last week at 9.5 cents so down quite a few. But I only bought a small amount. Seems traders don't know what to do with them and MOX.

Default Strong buy

HOLDING 900,000 and hoping to buy more ...MEU has potential to have a DEG like run muti bags IMHO

just recently raised $6.5mill through placement on the 15th JULY ---- Mktcap-- 49mill

Key Points
    • Marmota raises $6.5 million through placement of shares at 5.3c per
    share to institutional and sophisticated investors
    • Includes 1 attaching option for every 2 ordinary shares subscribed for,
    exercisable at 10 cents with a 2 year expiry
    Marmota is pleased to announce that it has received firm commitments to raise
    $6.5 million (before costs) through an equity placement (“Placement”) to
    sophisticated and professional investors.
    Proceeds of the Placement will be used to accelerate development of the Company’s
    Aurora Tank gold discovery, and a potential acquisition of neighbouring tenements.
    Proceeds will also be applied to exploration, working capital and to costs of the offer.
    There was strong demand for Placement Shares, with the book significantly
    oversubscribed within hours of opening on Friday morning, and closed early.

Marmota Chairman, Dr Colin Rose, said:
    “ Marmota is delighted with the interest shown in the Company by investors.
    I am also very pleased to report that yesterday, our team departed
    Adelaide for Aurora Tank, that the new semi-permanent camp is today on
    its way to Aurora Tank via road train, along with cranes out of Port Augusta,
    and support crew from Coober Pedy. We hope to have the new camp
    installed by the weekend, with drilling to immediately follow.
    Marmota has recently received outstanding high-grade gold intersections
    at Aurora Tank. We now have ahead of us our largest and potentially most
    interesting and exciting drill program to date. We are lucky to have a
    superb team of geologists successfully advancing that discovery.
    Our financial position is now the strongest that I can ever recall it being,
    and we look forward to expediting our operational pathway for the
    benefit of our shareholders.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Temporary (?) weakness down to 5.2c means I am buying in....
    “Instead of thinking “I’m right”, ask yourself “How do I know I am right?” Find the smartest people to disagree with you so you can stress test your ideas.” Ray Dalio

Is this promising stuff or just hype?

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/202007...s863szdmvh.pdf

Mostly gobbledy goop to me. I have a watching holding but am thinking of increasing my stake on the basis of this and a POG which creeps higher in a straight line day by day.
    “Instead of thinking “I’m right”, ask yourself “How do I know I am right?” Find the smartest people to disagree with you so you can stress test your ideas.” Ray Dalio