sharetrader
Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: ATC- Altech HPA

Advanced Member

New video up:
    Altech Chemicals - Meeting a sapphire future
    https://youtu.be/dfjvTTGKwdU

Advanced Member

JT that article was from March 2017 so much has changed since then.

Barry FitzGerald: why it’s time to revisit these High Purity Alumina stocks
    https://stockhead.com.au/columnists/...lumina-stocks/

HPA pricing used by ATC financial modeling US$27/kg vs current trade price of US$40/kg which could earn ATC's proposed 4500tpa plant US$133m/year. Reminder ATC's MC is a mere A$83m at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    JT that article was from March 2017 so much has changed since then.

Barry FitzGerald: why it’s time to revisit these High Purity Alumina stocks
    https://stockhead.com.au/columnists/...lumina-stocks/

HPA pricing used by ATC financial modeling US$27/kg vs current trade price of US$40/kg which could earn ATC's proposed 4500tpa plant US$133m/year. Reminder ATC's MC is a mere A$83m at the moment.
    Yes great buying ... like so many resource sector companies of late ....just need my biggest holding IRC / NKP to crack on and I'll get me 100k AUD worth of ATC
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Yes great buying ... like so many resource sector companies of late ....just need my biggest holding IRC / NKP to crack on and I'll get me 100k AUD worth of ATC
    At the beginning of the year I sat down and wanted to buy some shares that I believe will be my retirement fund with a 10-20 year horizon. ATC is definitely one of them - the first plant is only the start in my view. I can see it happen that over the next 2-3 years other additional plant sites will be identified.

Scary,

limited funds. limited approval, works have started.

Hopefully just some small kinks an iron will easily fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpenterjoe View Post
    Scary,

limited funds. limited approval, works have started.

Hopefully just some small kinks an iron will easily fix.
    Care to expand?

Not sure I know about any organisation with access to unlimited funds ... and what exactly is limited about their approvals?

But sure - there is risk ... as in any other business venture.

The industry might find a cheaper replacement for HPA ...
    The process might (despite lots of due diligence) not work as well as envisaged on a grand scale
    The sky might fall in and nobody needs LED's, smartphone screens or high capacity batteries anymore

But than - there are unlimited opportunities as well : a huge increase of the market for HPA separators in vehicle batteries due to a rapidly increasing electric vehicle mrket, new application for high capacity batteries like e.g. a power bank for electric networks; new generation of smartphones needing more unscratchable glass screens, new applications for saphisglass, LED lighting still only in the beginnings of its reign, ...;

Anything in particular you would want to highlight?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

patent for ATC's HPA production process granted:

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/201810...1pdhd0qh43.pdf

It took them 4 years, but well worthwhile. This will make life for copycats a bit more difficult and expensive ...

Well done, Iggy & team!
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Care to expand?

Not sure I know about any organisation with access to unlimited funds ... and what exactly is limited about their approvals?

But sure - there is risk ... as in any other business venture.

The industry might find a cheaper replacement for HPA ...
    The process might (despite lots of due diligence) not work as well as envisaged on a grand scale
    The sky might fall in and nobody needs LED's, smartphone screens or high capacity batteries anymore

But than - there are unlimited opportunities as well : a huge increase of the market for HPA separators in vehicle batteries due to a rapidly increasing electric vehicle mrket, new application for high capacity batteries like e.g. a power bank for electric networks; new generation of smartphones needing more unscratchable glass screens, new applications for saphisglass, LED lighting still only in the beginnings of its reign, ...;

Anything in particular you would want to highlight?
    Pretty sure they haven't gained building consent from local authorities.

Stage targets and amounts seem to be changing.

I feel i have been feed information after the fact, regarding exact finance timeline.

I dont hate this investment prospect, but i will be careful digesting future information/timelines the company is going to release.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpenterjoe View Post
    Pretty sure they haven't gained building consent from local authorities.

Stage targets and amounts seem to be changing.

I feel i have been feed information after the fact, regarding exact finance timeline.

I dont hate this investment prospect, but i will be careful digesting future information/timelines the company is going to release.
    No building consent with local authorities in Malaysia?

WOW. Clearly - you need detailled building plans (which are a requirement for a building permit and a deliverable for their contract with SMS) to do that.
    As they announced in July - this is one of the things they are currently working at togehter with the site preparation

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/201807...hfb7g0psx7.pdf

Sure - this is a process, but where exactly do you see the issues given that the building is in a designated industrial zone (with other compatible chemical industry around) and given that they have already a manufacturing licence? The authorities clearly want this to happen ...

Timelines are changing? True, they have and they might keep doing that. However - haven't yet seen a lot of non-trivial projects where this was not the case on the way from concept to finalisation ...

I do measure management not at their capability to predict the future with absolute accuracy, but at their capability to work with uncertainty and to adapt to changing circumstances.
    ----