sharetrader
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: ATC- Altech HPA

HUGE Volume keeps going like this and it will be the Biggest volume day for the last 12 months
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Default BUYING more ........still holding Dej ???

ALTECH DEBT DUE DILIGENCE
    AT AN ADVANCED STAGE
    Highlights
    • Debt due diligence at an advanced stage
    • Confirmatory pilot plant test work in South Africa, Australia and Germany
    • HPA market study completed
    • Technical due diligence at an advanced stage
    • Permitting in Malaysia and Australia progressed
    Altech Chemicals Limited (Altech/the Company) (ASX: ATC) is pleased to provide an update on the due
    diligence activities associated with the financing of its proposed high purity alumina (HPA) project. The various
    independent reviews and associated confirmatory pilot plant test work are now well advanced and nearing
    completion.
    Altech has been working exclusively with German KfW IPEX-Bank on project finance structuring. The
    Company is currently targeting US$70 million of project debt; the majority of which is aimed to be subject to
    German export credit cover (ECA), typically offered at attractive interest rates and terms; the remainder is
    expected to be available on normal commercial loan terms.
    On 10 August 2016 the appointment of due diligence consultants by Altech and KfW IPEX-Bank was
    announced. The consultants are engaged to undertake definitive technical, market and legal reviews of the
    Company’s HPA project, with an independent “expert opinion” report presented at the conclusion of the
    reviews for the benefit of the ECA.
    The due diligence consultants completed site visits to Meckering, Fremantle and Perth, Western Australia and
    to Johor, Malaysia in early August 2016 and their respective initial reviews did not identify any major flaws in
    the HPA project. However various pilot plant confirmatory test work programs were requested and detailed
    audits initiated accordingly. The test work programs and audits are now well advanced.
    Commenting on the due diligence activities, Altech managing director Iggy Tan said, “The last five months
    have been extremely busy for the Company as we worked with the various due diligence consultants to
    complete confirmatory pilot plant test work and respond to a large number of detailed information requests.
    Last edited by JBmurc; 06-02-2017 at 01:10 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Yep still holding - is about 18% of my ASX portfolio at the moment so probably won't be buying more....especially after the shock of GNX doing a capital raise 2 months after a capital raise my ASX portfolio is hurting!

Definitely ticking boxes though, and this announcement further shows the confidence. Personally I am happy that the DD team wanted pilot plant test work to be completed - means they are doing their job! Plenty of finance professionals not giving a toss about technical items and just adding in another risk factor (e.g. docking a valuation by 25% for 'technology uncertainty' when you could easily test it yourself).

Probably another month before anything meaningful though. Lets see if the temperamental ASX traders can hold out for that long

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    ALTECH DEBT DUE DILIGENCE
    AT AN ADVANCED STAGE
    Highlights
    • Debt due diligence at an advanced stage
    • Confirmatory pilot plant test work in South Africa, Australia and Germany
    • HPA market study completed
    • Technical due diligence at an advanced stage
    • Permitting in Malaysia and Australia progressed
    Altech Chemicals Limited (Altech/the Company) (ASX: ATC) is pleased to provide an update on the due
    diligence activities associated with the financing of its proposed high purity alumina (HPA) project. The various
    independent reviews and associated confirmatory pilot plant test work are now well advanced and nearing
    completion.
    Altech has been working exclusively with German KfW IPEX-Bank on project finance structuring. The
    Company is currently targeting US$70 million of project debt; the majority of which is aimed to be subject to
    German export credit cover (ECA), typically offered at attractive interest rates and terms; the remainder is
    expected to be available on normal commercial loan terms.
    On 10 August 2016 the appointment of due diligence consultants by Altech and KfW IPEX-Bank was
    announced. The consultants are engaged to undertake definitive technical, market and legal reviews of the
    Company’s HPA project, with an independent “expert opinion” report presented at the conclusion of the
    reviews for the benefit of the ECA.
    The due diligence consultants completed site visits to Meckering, Fremantle and Perth, Western Australia and
    to Johor, Malaysia in early August 2016 and their respective initial reviews did not identify any major flaws in
    the HPA project. However various pilot plant confirmatory test work programs were requested and detailed
    audits initiated accordingly. The test work programs and audits are now well advanced.
    Commenting on the due diligence activities, Altech managing director Iggy Tan said, “The last five months
    have been extremely busy for the Company as we worked with the various due diligence consultants to
    complete confirmatory pilot plant test work and respond to a large number of detailed information requests.
    “If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” ― Marcus Aurelius

Had a look into them, all looks good until i read the ramp up period where they are using lower quality/much lower value HPA initially.

All the valuations at 23,000/t HPA 4 seem redundant to me until they are actually achieving this, or have i missed something?

How are they going to service the debt in the short term?

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Had a look into them, all looks good until i read the ramp up period where they are using lower quality/much lower value HPA initially.

All the valuations at 23,000/t HPA 4 seem redundant to me until they are actually achieving this, or have i missed something?

How are they going to service the debt in the short term?
    I understand the current HPA 4 price is around USD $30,000t ...

• HPA plant will have an initial production capacity of 4ktpa of 99.99% HPA
    (4N quality)

◦ This would position Altech as the largest producer of HPA in the world,
    surpassing Sumitomo’s 3.2ktpa capacity

then with min mine life of 30yrs ...certainly plenty of time to pay back the debt needed to build and ramp up production ....

But as with any decent Mineral producer we'll have a predator keeping a close eye on operations ... and think it won't be long after successive operations we will be taken out for $1+ etc
    Last edited by JBmurc; 07-02-2017 at 10:05 PM.

Hi JB and DEJ
    You not alone on this one. Yesterday's action certainly looked like the fox is in the henhouse causing concern for many being unsure what's going on. One thing that hasn't changed is ATC business plan and no release of bad news-the good news still to come still on track so today's trading will be very interesting.

Joined in today at 13.5c, to reduce being overweight in copper stocks.

I like the potential and sorting the debt/project financing derisks this significantly

For the benefit of those not yet in.

https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/ann...9#.WKT3WoVOIcg

IMO

Funny can't access report; but thats typical of me. Int in their explanation ,why Malaysa; it become a major headache for LYC i think with the opposition from locals.