sharetrader
Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

I feel that the minimum investment amount should be dropped down to like $50 or at most $100. I have $400 sitting in my Squirrel account sitting idle which I can't invest yet. A lot of us would be in the same boat. Dropping down the investment amount would enable us to invest more frequently and would result in the loans getting filled faster. It would be a win win situation for investors, borrowers and Squirrel.

[QUOTED=Saamee;647069]Gaps getting even wider... Like 7K of investor funds available for now 142K borrowers wanting loans!

Attachment 8493[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by AndyKiwi View Post
    I feel that the minimum investment amount should be dropped down to like $50 or at most $100. I have $400 sitting in my Squirrel account sitting idle which I can't invest yet. A lot of us would be in the same boat. Dropping down the investment amount would enable us to invest more frequently and would result in the loans getting filled faster. It would be a win win situation for investors, borrowers and Squirrel.

[QUOTED=Saamee;647069]Gaps getting even wider... Like 7K of investor funds available for now 142K borrowers wanting loans!

Attachment 8493
    [/QUOTE]

Each P2P lender works just a little differently from the others ( each has their own quirks etc )

I guess because Squirrel is 100% guaranteed - one can put money away there with 100% safety in mind - therefore a higher minimum investment is OK.

Just been pondering the following:> How usuefull is the Secondary Market going to be \ work to an Investor in a rising interest rate environment?

I am trying to work out in my head, how in a Rising Interest environment ( coming mid next year? ) as P2P lenders raise their rates, how say selling a secondary loan at 9% would go, if you could get 10% for a virgin fresh loan.....

Who would \ could Sell in those circumstances?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saamee View Post
    Just been pondering the following:> How usuefull is the Secondary Market going to be \ work to an Investor in a rising interest rate environment?

I am trying to work out in my head, how in a Rising Interest environment ( coming mid next year? ) as P2P lenders raise their rates, how say selling a secondary loan at 9% would go, if you could get 10% for a virgin fresh loan.....

Who would \ could Sell in those circumstances?
    deending on credit etc , the loan will sell at a discount to the new one .....

Continuing to obtain 9% \ 5 Year Funding everyday this week... Still more Borrowers around than Funders right now.

Each P2P lender works just a little differently from the others ( each has their own quirks etc )

I guess because Squirrel is 100% guaranteed - one can put money away there with 100% safety in mind - therefore a higher minimum investment is OK.
    100% guaranteed? They have a reserve fund, but that doesn't make it 100% guaranteed. I also hadn't realised that the minimum bid was $500.

Does anyone know how much of the borrowers' payments goes into the reserve fund? I couldn't find anything specific. I'm assuming for a good borrower they add, say, 1% to the interest rate you bid, and for a bad borrower they add, say 5% to the interest rate you bid.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_on_OE View Post
    100% guaranteed? They have a reserve fund, but that doesn't make it 100% guaranteed. I also hadn't realised that the minimum bid was $500.

Does anyone know how much of the borrowers' payments goes into the reserve fund? I couldn't find anything specific. I'm assuming for a good borrower they add, say, 1% to the interest rate you bid, and for a bad borrower they add, say 5% to the interest rate you bid.
    Yes... It's here >>> https://www.squirrelmoney.co.nz/look...er-your-money/

Currently @ 1.99%

Guaranteed as long as there are current reserves in the Fund!

I also hadn't realised that the minimum bid was $500.
    It sounds from how \ what you write that you have not invested any funds with Squirrel yet?

Yes... It's here >>> https://www.squirrelmoney.co.nz/look...er-your-money/

Currently @ 1.99%

Guaranteed as long as there are current reserves in the Fund!
    So definitely not 100% guaranteed, no guarantee at all.

No, I haven't invested in Squirrel, I'm not a fan of reserve funds. If they take too much off you to put in the reserve then you are getting a lesser return than you should. If they don't take enough off you to put in the reserve fund then you lose. If they take the right amount then you're ok, but if you're properly diversified you would've achieved the same result without a reserve fund.

So definitely not 100% guaranteed, no guarantee at all.

No, I haven't invested in Squirrel, I'm not a fan of reserve funds. If they take too much off you to put in the reserve then you are getting a lesser return than you should. If they don't take enough off you to put in the reserve fund then you lose. If they take the right amount then you're ok, but if you're properly diversified you would've achieved the same result without a reserve fund.
    It is NOT the Investor that Pays the Reseve Fund Levy > It is the Borrower!

No Cost to the Investor at all....