sharetrader
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Has anybody managed to invest in loans for 5-7 or 2-3 years recently? If so, at what rate?

Currently there is $131k for 1 year awaiting funding.
    I'm thinking that it would be better to put money to work now and get 6% return instead of waiting for weeks/months for a higher return.

What y'all think?

Hi icyfire. I'm CFO at Squirrel.
    We are definitely still getting loans pushed through in the 5-7 and 2-3 year categories - around 60% of the new lending this month.
    The loans funded in the 5-7 year bucket this month have had an average investor rate of 8.14% and 7.03% for the 2-3 year loans.
    I would encourage you to look at the 1 year loans for at least a portion of your investment portfolio. We have a strong pipeline in that space and as you highlight - you can have your money invested almost immediately with the $131k of loans currently awaiting funding.
    The key feature of these one-year investments (other than the lower return of-course) is that it is interest only for the first 12 months - so investments don't get repaid quite so quickly.
    Last edited by TB@squirrel.co.nz; 30-11-2018 at 02:55 PM.

Trying to get outta here

Decided to venture over here for a bit of diversity, will see how it goes but if I dont get any bites after a few weeks I'll be out.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Decided to venture over here for a bit of diversity, will see how it goes but if I dont get any bites after a few weeks I'll be out.
    Squirrel Money is more of a set it and forget it kind of P2P platform unlike other p2p lending platforms which are very time consuming.

FY2019 RWT Tax Certificates are already available Online for Download

Anyone having any luck at all with Squirrel recently? The loan volume appears to have collapsed, even more so than Harmoney.

Trying to get outta here

Quote Originally Posted by CageyB View Post
    Anyone having any luck at all with Squirrel recently? The loan volume appears to have collapsed, even more so than Harmoney.
    Yep hard to get any money loaned out for 2-3 yrs for over 6.5%.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by CageyB View Post
    I wonder if loan volume has dropped as a result of the fall in house sales and as a result of drop in loan demand more generally. It would be interesting to see if bank lending has fallen too. Also perhaps some people are waiting to see if there are major tax reforms as a result of the TRG report before taking on loans.
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12221621