sharetrader
Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DT@squirrel.co.nz View Post
    @saamee we've updated the information on the investment order pages to address your concern (via the browser). You can see the info in the mobile app also. We're also better reporting what's in the pipeline for our three investment categories. Tell me what you think!

Happy to take feedback from anyone else also.

I was reading the thread on General Capital today. Squirrels loan book is now a smidge below $120m having grown 69% over the last 12 months - so about the same size as General Capital. Our NIM is slimmer than General Capital because we're paying investors more. Squirrel has a very different approach to managing credit risk (proactively and transparently reserving) and liquidity risk largely sits with investors compared with a traditional finance company. Anyone have views on this?

Hey @DT

I think what you have just done is AMAZING and shows real flexibility from SM

Screenshot 2022-11-01 11.47.34.png

Hi all, we've just added interest to our Call Account. Our investors will now start earning 3.50% p.a., no fees, no hoops, no tiering of interest. Just a straight up flat rate on every dollar, with interest paid monthly. The returns come from the money sitting in a bank account with a NZ bank, and you don't have to take term investments in order to earn the interest.
    So, if you're looking for a place to park emergency funds, or hold cash for a bit, check it out!
    Added benefit for those investors in personal loans, you'll now start earning interest while your money is waiting in the investment queue.
    Happy to take any questions.

That is great news and I have already send some funds across from a lower earning Bank!!

Hey DT,

My New deposit has hit and shown up - all cool.

However in the SM Email you mentioned the interest current Rate, that being 3.5%

On the Website \ App I am unable to find the Call Account Interest rate posted anywhere.

Of course in time the Call Account rate will change...

It would be good to be able to sight the up to date rate on the Website \ App.

Can you point me to where it is shown?

Many thanks.
    Last edited by Saamee; 26-01-2023 at 01:09 PM.

Would be great to see the On Call Interest rate on this TAB ( see attachment )

SM CALL ACCOUNT.jpg

Hi @saamee, I had a decision to make, do I:
    1. Wait until we have the interest rate visible for investors on the screens you point out before releasing the feature; or
    2. Get it out there and then follow up with the work on Squirrel Online (what you see when you log-in).

My conclusion was to do number 2 so our investors start getting the benefit. All the changes to Squirrel Online and our mobile app are scoped and being worked on. You'll see the changes progressively released over the next 3 - 4 weeks. Our website (squirrel.co.nz) is up to date and you can find the interest rate there, head to the 'save and invest' tab.

Hopefully you enjoy the benefits!

Hey that is welcome news

Taking option #2 I'm sure was the correct choice!

You guys are very innovative.
    Last edited by Saamee; 26-01-2023 at 01:10 PM.

Nice one Squirrel.....

Very fast response to the Reserve Bank rate rise....

SM R8.jpg

Hi Saamee, we'll generally be quick to increase or decrease the rate when the OCR moves.

Go on then Mate, some other areas deserve some long waiting rises too 😉