sharetrader
Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Squirrel Mortgages (Verified) JB@Squirrel's Avatar

Not a dumb question. Yes - as it is a personal loan you'll get P&I back each month on your investment. With a $500 investment it will be roughly $10 per month. Initially that will be mostly interest.

You're right that with a minimum bid in our platform of $500 you cannot reinvest small returns and that will lower your effective interest rate. You'd need to be regularly investing $500 into the platform to maximise your return or have a larger amount invested.

Squirrel Mortgages (Verified) JB@Squirrel's Avatar

Woop woop. Heard it here first.

We've had our SECONDARY MARKET approved and will hopefully have it live later this month as it's already built. The Secondary Market will allow investors to sell their loans back to the platform at face value provided we have an investor on the platform who is happy with the rate and remaining term.

Quote Originally Posted by JB@Squirrel View Post
    Not a dumb question. Yes - as it is a personal loan you'll get P&I back each month on your investment. With a $500 investment it will be roughly $10 per month. Initially that will be mostly interest.

You're right that with a minimum bid in our platform of $500 you cannot reinvest small returns and that will lower your effective interest rate. You'd need to be regularly investing $500 into the platform to maximise your return or have a larger amount invested.
    Thanks JB. Any news on earning interest on the call account? This will somewhat help with my reinvestment problem.

And congrats on the secondary market approval!

We've had our SECONDARY MARKET approved and will hopefully have it live later this month as it's already built. The Secondary Market will allow investors to sell their loans back to the platform at face value provided we have an investor on the platform who is happy with the rate and remaining term.
    Thats awesome!

Peer

That is good news, I might have to see if I can jump through enough hoops to finally get my account fully active.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Smile And In the Inbox this Afternoon:

I have an email from Snowball effect that Squirrel Group is looking for $5m in expansion capital:

"The capital will be used to grow the mortgage broking business and develop the peer to peer lending business. This is likely to be the last capital that Squirrel raises prior to an anticipated listing"

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    I have an email from Snowball effect that Squirrel Group is looking for $5m in expansion capital:

"The capital will be used to grow the mortgage broking business and develop the peer to peer lending business. This is likely to be the last capital that Squirrel raises prior to an anticipated listing"
    Yup. They already have the Investor presentation last Tuesday. Those who missed it and interested can watch a video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc-e...ature=youtu.be The document though for interested investor is still being readied.

Guru

Well if Harmoney was to do the same now , which one would you put your money on? Track record and the like.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Question If seven maids with seven mops Swept it for half a year*

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Well if Harmoney was to do the same now , which one would you put your money on? Track record and the like.
    We have a real world situation here and you you go off to la-la-land ?

When the docs come out I will give them serious look.

Thanks RGR367 for the useful post

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

*The Walrus and The Carpenter
    Last edited by Snow Leopard; 08-03-2016 at 12:31 PM. Reason: arrives >> come -- lot better NZish
    om mani peme hum

Not really comparable as the majority of Squirrels valuation is on the mortgage business.