sharetrader
Page 155 of 160 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1593

Thread: Tegel IPO

suffering s/h will be able to re invest there funds into something better hopefully.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    So nearly all our chicken production is owned by overseas companies now, whats next? A sad day for our country imo.
    What nonsense.

Tegel was owned by Heinz (foreign) until 2005 when it was sold to PEP (foreign) which then sold to Affinity (foreign) in 2011.

Now it is sold to Bounty (foreign).

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Tour Championship is not a major (although probably as much, if not more prizemoney as a major!).

I talked to someone in the chicken industry a few months ago and their thoughts were that it wouldn't get through the OIO.
    Did you post that opinion somewhere on the thread to share with those who were probably regretting until a few hours ago NOT to sell in the market?

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    thats some good news , a get out jail card for a lot of people who would probably have been sitting on huge losses for years.
    Never in doubt to the ones who were happily picking up stock in the last few weeks - last paying $1.17.

IMO

What do we do best in NZ, produce food. I dont think its sensible not owning our own food producers, what's going next? Lets change the co op structure and sell off Fonterra as its NOT currently doing a good job for our farmers or NZ . Very short sighted and money orientated , sad day for NZ . Look at the big picture and not your selfish small bubble instant gratification pockets. Attn span of a fish imo. Bounty bringing in slave labour next?

What do we do best in NZ, produce food. I dont think its sensible not owning our own food producers, what's going next? Lets change the co op structure and sell off Fonterra as its NOT currently doing a good job for our farmers or NZ . Very short sighted and money orientated , sad day for NZ . Look at the big picture and not your selfish small bubble instant gratification pockets. Attn span of a fish imo. Bounty bringing in slave labour next?
    What nonsense.

Trying to change your assertion (false) that almost all of NZ's chicken production has passed into foreign hands when that has been the case since 1992!

It's actually thanks to the foreign ownership that chickens became cheap and readily available. I can recall the times during the 1980s when chickens were prohibitively expensive in NZ vs other countries, especially Asia.
    Last edited by Balance; 24-09-2018 at 05:27 PM.

slave labour - cheaper chicken then?

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    slave labour - cheaper chicken then?
    I am all for cheaper chickens!

Go on holiday in Asia and you can get a whole cooked chicken (big, plump and juicy) served to you with a big plate of rice or noodles for less than NZ$10!

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I am all for cheaper chickens!

Go on holiday in Asia and you can get a whole cooked chicken (big, plump and juicy) served to you with a big plate of rice or noodles for less than NZ$10!
    good prices for sure

IMO

Aint nobody here but us chickens