sharetrader
Page 1 of 160 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Tegel IPO

You'd be in for this one wouldn't you nzsilver?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Chicken industry if fully intergrated Tegel owns/controls supply to the supermarket. Also NZ has the fastest growing chickens in the world, well that's what I was told at university, as there are not many diseases therefore vaccination requirements are minimal therefore growths checks are minimal. Amount of chicken eaten per capita has also been increasing at a steady rate. I would look at this IPO once financials come out - how about you winner?

Interested, the PE firm should do quite well out of this considering they've sold all of the plants/properties to other parties and now lease them back. Sadly cant find any price details on this. Previous CEO resigned when Affinity Equity took over citing "differences in company direction"

Quote Originally Posted by NZSilver View Post
    ...................., as there are not many diseases therefore vaccination requirements are minimal therefore growths checks are minimal. Amount of chicken eaten per capita has also been increasing at a steady rate. I would look at this IPO once financials come out - how about you winner?
    Not sure about here but based on experience back home, chicken is the most vaccinated grown meat. A simple malice akin to colds would wipe the entire poultry in 2 hours. And contract chicken growers make a killing every 8 weeks (for broilers) when demand is really high. It could even be shortened to 5 weeks growing.
    I would be keen to have a look.

disc: handled the computerized system on contract growers for chicken of a really big food company somewhere in southeast asia.

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    Not sure about here but based on experience back home, chicken is the most vaccinated grown meat. A simple malice akin to colds would wipe the entire poultry in 2 hours. And contract chicken growers make a killing every 8 weeks (for broilers) when demand is really high. It could even be shortened to 5 weeks growing.
    I would be keen to have a look.

disc: handled the computerized system on contract growers for chicken of a really big food company somewhere in southeast asia.
    Yep, the Free-Range hens get greater volumes of shots too.

FCR is low for NZ birds

NZ customer demand for poultry growing at 4-5% year

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    And contract chicken growers make a killing every 8 weeks
    I wish I could make a killing every 8 weeks....

Quote Originally Posted by NZSilver View Post
    Chicken industry if fully intergrated Tegel owns/controls supply to the supermarket. Also NZ has the fastest growing chickens in the world, well that's what I was told at university, as there are not many diseases therefore vaccination requirements are minimal therefore growths checks are minimal. Amount of chicken eaten per capita has also been increasing at a steady rate. I would look at this IPO once financials come out - how about you winner?
    Tegel controls supply to supermarkets? I think you have forgotten about Inghams.

Also after the two key accounts, Progressive and Foodstuffs - there is also a very large single customer who primarily sources from Inghams apart from some supply in the South Island...

Quote Originally Posted by Rep View Post
    Tegel controls supply to supermarkets? I think you have forgotten about Inghams.

Also after the two key accounts, Progressive and Foodstuffs - there is also a very large single customer who primarily sources from Inghams apart from some supply in the South Island...
    Oh Oh Oh I know, pick me....