sharetrader
Page 136 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1593

Thread: Tegel IPO

The synergies Bounty offer actually makes it better to be a shareholder and let them control 51%. Since they are fully integrated in the Philippines

They could also relief the supply gut, exporting chickens to the middle east making tegel a bit more profitable locally

bounty brought 11m more yesterday now at 54%.

I decided to half my position yesterday and took some profit , im gonna keep my other half for takeover approval. not worried if it doesnt go ahead as i will buy more after the fact probably like those instos selling now will do
    one step ahead of the herd

As many of our companies are majority owned by overseas interests, at what % do they need OIO approval. Even if Bounty didn't get any more, they are going to remove a few tiers of management

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    It's good to be hopeful right lol

But I was thinking along the lines of Vero coming in over top of Fairfax a little while ago. At the time no one saw a counter offer coming either, albeit neither of them ended up going through!
    Tegel was shopped all over the world for a trade sale prior to being IPOed.

Possibility is there but most trade buyers would be very pleased that they steered clear of this freaking con-job of an IPO - inflated forecasts and a token Chairman who fled the scene of the crime in a big hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Deal not certain by any means and subject to OIO approval, financial performance for this year AND last but certainly not least subject to the outlook for the following six months after that being within stipulated parameters.
    Quite a few insto's taking the money and running based on the degree of uncertainty caused by multiple conditions, none of which individually and certainly collectively are certain to be fulfilled. Some named insto's selling about half their holdings as a good risk management initiative, which could be food for thought for retail holders ?

In terms of the Beagle weighing in on Tegal, (sorry couldn't resist) my thoughts are at $1.15 if this takeover proceeds and meets all conditions you won't get the extra 8 cents for many months plus a dividend of about 4 cents. Maximum upside is thus just 12 cents and you have to wait probably several months for it and you risk a possible downside of about triple the upside potential, perhaps even more if things go pear shaped. When one then considers the opportunity cost, (what else you could invest in and collect dividends and potential capital gains on over the months ahead I really struggle to see much mileage in playing Russian roulette with this one and continuing to hold.

I will feel very sad for IPO investors at $1.55 if they keep holding under the premise of trying to get as much of their capital back as possible only to find the deal falls over and this reverts to 70-80 cents which in my opinion is quite possible if they fail to meet profit guidance or outlook, or both.

Why would one trust them to meet profit guidance when they have failed EVERY other time since listing ?

Take the money and RUN !!!
    The NBR article scared some today... Down 2 cents...Good post Beagle and you have rightly pointed out..."Take the money and RUN !!!"

Just to be a bit different with the Instos, I wouldn't be selling even half of what little holding I have or buying anymore at the current price. As one Vulgar_ian comedian would normally say, "we'll see"

Tegel has become one of the laggards in one of the most promising sectors in the world. There are multibaggers in this sector. For example, in India, there was a more than 16 bagger poultry company and it reached that status over the last three years. To get investor confidence, it has to produce strong balance sheet and should become a well-run company. As it is new to the market, we need to study its performance during next five years to get better idea about its outlook. As I said, strong balance sheet firms in this sector will outperform others. Share prices of debt free, cash rich and well run companies with strong balance sheets have gone up dramatically during last three years.

bounty brought another 11 m shares probably keep buying i reckon as they will be saving millions
    one step ahead of the herd

Holding to get full $1.27 price or higher as Goldman Sachs advising Tegel. Probably will find extra value somewhere since listing to back up original IPO price. Average cost price reduced for Bounty by early on-market purchasing shows they are serious and really want this deal to progress. One would assume Bounty would NOT be interested in dumping their holdings currently purchasing back to 80cents taking a huge loss if approval not forthcoming. Either way the future for Tegel looking more promising especially if chicken glut eliminated by possible export market opening with Bounty.

Chicken prices are sure to rise.......................................