sharetrader
Page 4 of 160 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Tegel IPO

Dividend hunters will flock to this big tine - 'above market' yields

And 20% capital gain by 2017 almost assured as Affinity will want to quit what they keep as soon as decently possible

Cats love chicken - i can see Birman licking his chops (or whiskers) at the prospects ahead
    Last edited by winner69; 02-04-2016 at 08:19 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

I wont be investing on ethical grounds. Anything good for profit is likely to be bad for chickens.
    Some of the stories i have heard regarding the Christchurch Tegal factory were enough to turn me off cheap chicken for life.

Dont mind investing in Gambling, Uranium or most other "ethically challenged " industries, but draw the line at poultry death camps

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    I wont be investing on ethical grounds. Anything good for profit is likely to be bad for chickens.
    Some of the stories i have heard regarding the Christchurch Tegal factory were enough to turn me off cheap chicken for life.

Dont mind investing in Gambling, Uranium or most other "ethically challenged " industries, but draw the line at poultry death camps
    Excellent to see investing on some sort of ethical basis, Ratty.

The hog takes a similar approach. For example, the hog won't invest in HBY unless they cut one of their services subsidiaries loose that works with fracking. Pity, as the rest of HBY isn't too bad.

SKY is verboten as gambling destroys people, families and communities.

RBD off the radar as they are peddling junk food which is in many ways no different to cigarettes, etc.

The above just hog thoughts, and detailed here not to suggest to others that other peoples' ethics should accord with the hogs', but rather that an ethical approach is worthy of consideration.
    warthog ... muddy and smelly

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Excellent to see investing on some sort of ethical basis, Ratty.

The hog takes a similar approach. For example, the hog won't invest in HBY unless they cut one of their services subsidiaries loose that works with fracking. Pity, as the rest of HBY isn't too bad.

SKY is verboten as gambling destroys people, families and communities.

RBD off the radar as they are peddling junk food which is in many ways no different to cigarettes, etc.

The above just hog thoughts, and detailed here not to suggest to others that other peoples' ethics should accord with the hogs', but rather that an ethical approach is worthy of consideration.
    Where to draw the line with legitimate business is up to investors' personal ethics. Of course there are vegetarians who would not countenance any meat producing industry no matter how well looked after the slaughtered animals were prior to ultimate slaughter. As far as health is concerned then even a tin of baked beans has big dollop of added sugar. Then there is the fat and oil in the diets of sedentary people...so do we need a fat tax, a sugar tax as well as a tobacco tax and carbon tax? I have doubts about swimwear makers as they encourage people to lay about on the beach half undressed, soaking up the bright rays. Should they pay a UV tax when they buy the swimwear - likewise a UV tax on paddling pools and outdoor swimming pools. SKY TV...is a tax is needed on the Kids channels as they facilitate Kiwi kids to blob out in front of the box eating high calorie snacks instead of partaking of physical activity. There are lots of things to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Where to draw the line with legitimate business is up to investors' personal ethics. Of course there are vegetarians who would not countenance any meat producing industry no matter how well looked after the slaughtered animals were prior to ultimate slaughter. As far as health is concerned then even a tin of baked beans has big dollop of added sugar. Then there is the fat and oil in the diets of sedentary people...so do we need a fat tax, a sugar tax as well as a tobacco tax and carbon tax? I have doubts about swimwear makers as they encourage people to lay about on the beach half undressed, soaking up the bright rays. Should they pay a UV tax when they buy the swimwear - likewise a UV tax on paddling pools and outdoor swimming pools. SKY TV...is a tax is needed on the Kids channels as they facilitate Kiwi kids to blob out in front of the box eating high calorie snacks instead of partaking of physical activity. There are lots of things to consider.
    Now I'm really discouraged in our market,that leaves ATM out in the cold too cos those farmers are polluting our rivers and oceans.
    I think you are going to have ethical issues with every company on our market if you go into their industry too deeply.
    However I do understand the tegel issue with the chickens (dumb as they are ).
    Down the south island in Jan and did notice a free range chicken farm,and how refreshing it was to see.

percy

I regularly eat their chicken, and love their turkey at Xmas.
    I also pig out on pork,enjoy lamb ,but don't get enough steak.
    Last edited by percy; 02-04-2016 at 12:01 PM.

Agree with you Ratkin.

More profit they make, more killing they did.

Guru

Ethical issues aside... I hope Tegel does well (as with every New Zealand listed company) but unfortunately I get the feel this is a Feltex/Dick Smith in the making...

Good luck to anyone buying

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    This is the next Dick Smith
    Or the next Feltex.