sharetrader
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by blu3 View Post
    Please do not say such an absurd thing again—I'm looking forward to read as many rants from you as possible!

I have been a bit distant from the stock market recently and didn't follow closely what happened to TGR but, even if I did, I probably wouldn't have sold anyways. That's because I don't have your analytical skills yet, and wouldn't have picked all these red arrows (except the MA crossings), as obvious as you think they might be. But I'll get there, eventually!

Now, TA aside, I'm really wondering what has been happening here—is it all due to the currenly weak global markets or did I miss so. Good omething directly related to TGR?

In any case, my stop loss finally triggered and I'm out. As of now I'm mostly holding cash (~95%) and am only holding a couple of highly spec stocks which are not performing well at all (PRR at -58% and CDY at -42%). Apart of these, which were in the red much before I started to think of using cutting loss strategies, and for which I've got no idea what to do with now, I think I'll stay on the sidelines for a while until the markets start to settle a bit and show signs of better health.
    Tgr turned into a great example of why you should take the stop loss when it happens. Turns out the half year report wasnt up to scratch, and one has to wonder how mNy knew in advance as technically the stock was perforing great until about ten days ago, then the slide started.
    Quite pleased with myself for getting out in time, but yet another example of why the market just cant be trusted this days, full of crooks

Guru

Yep...It seems we're all out.. and back on my watchlist
    The stock rose during the last global down wave, Blu3...so yes Ratkin it does seem like the TA support breaks were mostly due to insider trading influences..This pleb wondered why TGR tanked and now I know why.... Unfortunately I was a little late to exit but not too much of a loss..better late than never they say.

TA worked a treat
    Last edited by Hoop; 12-02-2016 at 01:16 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Yep...It seems we're all out.. and back on my watchlist
    The stock rose during the last global down wave, Blu3...so yes Ratkin it does seem like the TA support breaks were mostly due to insider trading influences..This pleb wondered why TGR tanked and now I know why.... Unfortunately I was a little late to exit but not too much of a loss..better late than never they say.

TA worked a treat
    The good thing is, now that we know its a stock which moves on insider trading (most seem too) it should become easier to spot when something good is about to happen

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    The good thing is, now that we know its a stock which moves on insider trading (most seem too) it should become easier to spot when something good is about to happen
    How can you be so sure it's insider trading? The ASX generally has been hammered, it could just be market sentiment compounded by the weaker report than expected, after building up in anticipation of a good report. Anyway, interested in your insights on insider trading.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    How can you be so sure it's insider trading?
    We're living in a world where such things seem to be commonplace.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/irrc-reveal...rading-1453015

Hunting for Heuristic trends

Anyone care to share how they handle their stop-loss scenarios... The market is so all over the place that stop loss as a % seems to me to be almost a variable thing depending on which share it is applied to.

Text book cases just dont seem to apply these days and personally I think the drastic effects of High Frequency Trading and its associated 25% of all trades displayed on the systems actually being a sham and designed to not actually trigger unless certain conditions are met (which never are) , is fundamentally another spoke in the wheel of present global economic troubles.
    Last edited by arc; 19-02-2016 at 02:36 PM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by arc View Post
    Anyone care to share how they handle their stop-loss scenarios... The market is so all over the place that stop loss as a % seems to me to be almost a variable thing depending on which share it is applied to.

Text book cases just dont seem to apply these days and personally I think the drastic effects of High Frequency Trading and its associated 25% of all trades displayed on the systems actually being a sham and designed to not actually trigger unless certain conditions are met (which never are) , is fundamentally another spoke in the wheel of present global economic troubles.
    @arc have look back a few posts, ratkin outlined Average True Range (ATR) which is a calculable method and some charting packages automate it and variants. Because of this I have incorporated it into my 'growth' (strong trend) trade strategies, so belated thanks to ratkin for that. Hoop suggested an approach as well with manual adjustments. My approach was overly simple as I just wanted out of this instantly if the price dropped as I had very low conviction on the entry. I'm not sure who lost the least or if anyone made a gain.

Guru

Is our TA friendly stock Tgr bottoming out ???

Guru

Default Re-entered TGR at opening today at 4.14 & UPDATED CHART

21st April 2016 post..TGR was at $3.93

Is our TA friendly stock Tgr bottoming out ???
    Today 16th May 2016
    I bought in at 4.14 today at opening... In hindsight.. I should've waited to see which way the market was heading ..now 4.095..another!! poor timing re-entry I must brush up my act in this department....

Anyway I"m in for another play..lets see what happens this time

Last edited by Hoop; 16-05-2016 at 01:57 PM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Unhappy You can not, and do not need to, Win them all

Yes the joys of short-term fluctuations - something I own as had a 5.1% price variation so far today and is currently down 0.5% on yesterdays close.

Presumably you have some sort of initial stop-loss in mind for this trade?

As an aside, the latest version of the Tiger Technicals Filter has not flagged this as worth looking at yet, it likes the price action and the dividends, but is wary of short term volume.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum