sharetrader
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Dilettante

Post Views on the Moderation on this Forum (started by STMOD)

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    I'm sure Roger can do his own bidding?
    I´m sure he can. Roger is a valuable poster although I do not agree with his view on HNZ. But I sincerely hope he has not been banned this time for anything he has posted on this thread as it seems to me that his recent posts are simply his views and comments put in a non offensive way. Surely he has been banned for comments elsewhere !?

This thread was actually started by STMOD with this post. However some posts copied in from elsewhere have an earlier time and thus appear 'earlier' on this thread.

Dilettante

I see Paper Tiger has also been banned and apparently both of them for the comments on this thread. We may not agree with the comments but they are hardly offensive.
    I think both bans are unwarranted and hope the Moderators lift both bans quickly.

I feel the need to express my extreme disappointment regarding these bans. They were unwarranted and the discussion in this thread was civil compared with what goes on in the PEB thread.

I hold HNZ, and though I do not post much I appreciate all the conversation that goes on within this thread. The recent discussions were on topic, not personal, and hardly offensive. Opposing views are extremely important for both holders and non-holders to read, digest, and keep open minds about. Requesting evidence for statements posters make should also not be discouraged (and that seems to be the only crime Paper Tiger has committed here).
    Last edited by Meister; 04-12-2015 at 12:04 PM.

Guru

Bloody hell! really banned for the banter between Roger and PT?? What is this site coming to? They were both expressing different opinions and that is what makes these sites so valuable to the investors and potential investors. If we all agreed with each other... well no point in coming at all.
    Last edited by blackcap; 04-12-2015 at 12:27 PM.

I have always enjoyed the thoughts of Roger and Paper Tiger on various threads - and learned from them. Sometimes it's good to face the challenge of reconciling opposing points of view! Hope to see them both back soon!
    Disc: Hold HNZ

Handsome Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Bloody hell! really banned for the banter between Roger and PT?? What is this site coming to? They were both expressing different opinions and that is what makes these sites so valuable to the investors and potential investors. If we all agreed with each other... well no point in coming at all.
    I was actually enjoying the opposing views....maybe the moderators can let us know which posts got them banned?
    How long are they banned for? They were quite active members too

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Ditto!!! Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    I was actually enjoying the opposing views....maybe the moderators can let us know which posts got them banned?
    How long are they banned for? They were quite active members too
    I have no problem with posters having opposing views, but what does become incredibly tiresome is the endless repetition of the message. I enjoy most of the contributions from Roger and PT but I'm also enjoying a day or two's respite from Roger's constant bagging of HNZ (and the constant pumping of AIR).

Discl: Hold both (HNZ and AIR that is - not Roger and PT!)

And I have been banned for saying what i think of the moderators,I still hold that same view,If you can't have some lively debate on here why have a forum.
    I actually don't agree with Roger but that shouldn't stop him from being able to freely express his views,and PT is a great contributor,enjoy all his posts.
    Come on moderators,get with the times,free speech and all that,nobody has been abused.

Guru

If they need people to ban, just look at the nonsense and personal 'pot shots' that people 'talk up' on the PEB thread...