sharetrader
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 83
  1. #1
    Dilettante
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    2,899

    Post Views on the Moderation on this Forum (started by STMOD)

    Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    I'm sure Roger can do his own bidding?
    Im sure he can. Roger is a valuable poster although I do not agree with his view on HNZ. But I sincerely hope he has not been banned this time for anything he has posted on this thread as it seems to me that his recent posts are simply his views and comments put in a non offensive way. Surely he has been banned for comments elsewhere !?

    This thread was actually started by STMOD with this post. However some posts copied in from elsewhere have an earlier time and thus appear 'earlier' on this thread.

  2. #2
    Dilettante
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    2,899

    Default

    I see Paper Tiger has also been banned and apparently both of them for the comments on this thread. We may not agree with the comments but they are hardly offensive.
    I think both bans are unwarranted and hope the Moderators lift both bans quickly.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    69

    Default

    I feel the need to express my extreme disappointment regarding these bans. They were unwarranted and the discussion in this thread was civil compared with what goes on in the PEB thread.

    I hold HNZ, and though I do not post much I appreciate all the conversation that goes on within this thread. The recent discussions were on topic, not personal, and hardly offensive. Opposing views are extremely important for both holders and non-holders to read, digest, and keep open minds about. Requesting evidence for statements posters make should also not be discouraged (and that seems to be the only crime Paper Tiger has committed here).
    Last edited by Meister; 04-12-2015 at 01:04 PM.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    3,153

    Default

    Bloody hell! really banned for the banter between Roger and PT?? What is this site coming to? They were both expressing different opinions and that is what makes these sites so valuable to the investors and potential investors. If we all agreed with each other... well no point in coming at all.
    Last edited by blackcap; 04-12-2015 at 01:27 PM.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    18

    Default

    I have always enjoyed the thoughts of Roger and Paper Tiger on various threads - and learned from them. Sometimes it's good to face the challenge of reconciling opposing points of view! Hope to see them both back soon!
    Disc: Hold HNZ

  6. #6
    Handsome Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Bloody hell! really banned for the banter between Roger and PT?? What is this site coming to? They were both expressing different opinions and that is what makes these sites so valuable to the investors and potential investors. If we all agreed with each other... well no point in coming at all.
    I was actually enjoying the opposing views....maybe the moderators can let us know which posts got them banned?
    How long are they banned for? They were quite active members too

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Bloody hell! really banned for the banter between Roger and PT?? What is this site coming to? They were both expressing different opinions and that is what makes these sites so valuable to the investors and potential investors. If we all agreed with each other... well no point in coming at all.
    Ditto!!! Yeah.

  8. #8
    Senior Member pierre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawkes Bay, New Zealand
    Posts
    712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    I was actually enjoying the opposing views....maybe the moderators can let us know which posts got them banned?
    How long are they banned for? They were quite active members too
    I have no problem with posters having opposing views, but what does become incredibly tiresome is the endless repetition of the message. I enjoy most of the contributions from Roger and PT but I'm also enjoying a day or two's respite from Roger's constant bagging of HNZ (and the constant pumping of AIR).

    Discl: Hold both (HNZ and AIR that is - not Roger and PT!)

  9. #9
    Senior Member kizame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Tauranga, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    715

    Default

    And I have been banned for saying what i think of the moderators,I still hold that same view,If you can't have some lively debate on here why have a forum.
    I actually don't agree with Roger but that shouldn't stop him from being able to freely express his views,and PT is a great contributor,enjoy all his posts.
    Come on moderators,get with the times,free speech and all that,nobody has been abused.

  10. #10
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,059

    Default

    If they need people to ban, just look at the nonsense and personal 'pot shots' that people 'talk up' on the PEB thread...

  11. #11
    Membaa
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    2,676

    Default

    ST is a kumbaya compared to 2004 when I joined up, oh man were there some tough customers! I think the sad thing with PC'ing the forum is that it seems like more of the exceptional highly respected people are leaving permanently than others. Jmho, the old days were awful and good riddance but I think the new days are close to be borderline PC vs why bother.

  12. #12
    percy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    13,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    I have no problem with posters having opposing views, but what does become incredibly tiresome is the endless repetition of the message. I enjoy most of the contributions from Roger and PT but I'm also enjoying a day or two's respite from Roger's constant bagging of HNZ (and the constant pumping of AIR).

    Discl: Hold both (HNZ and AIR that is - not Roger and PT!)
    I think that is what is at the heart of the matter.
    Why bother posting ,why bother doing research,why bother trying to have a sensible adult conversation?
    Unfortunately more people just can't be bothered.
    People having an argument on ST may be entertaining,but those who are trying to make a contributuion end up saying "I can't be bothered".
    To those who enjoy a good argument,get off the fence and try and make a useful contribution.Be bothered.

  13. #13
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Eastern BoP..
    Posts
    1,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I think that is what is at the heart of the matter.
    Why bother posting ,why bother doing research,why bother trying to have a sensible adult conversation?
    Unfortunately more people just can't be bothered.
    People having an argument on ST may be entertaining,but those who are trying to make a contributuion end up saying "I can't be bothered".
    To those who enjoy a good argument,get off the fence and try and make a useful contribution.Be bothered.
    One has to be charitable..

    Share Trader Forum...

    Can be addictive :-)))

  14. #14
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Eastern BoP..
    Posts
    1,754

    Default

    That has sent some scurrying through their thoughts :-)))))

  15. #15
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Eastern BoP..
    Posts
    1,754

    Default

    It must also be presented..

    Share forum is the best value that is available to so many for so little..

    THE BEST !!..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •