sharetrader
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Membaa

ST is a kumbaya compared to 2004 when I joined up, oh man were there some tough customers! I think the sad thing with PC'ing the forum is that it seems like more of the exceptional highly respected people are leaving permanently than others. Jmho, the old days were awful and good riddance but I think the new days are close to be borderline PC vs why bother.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    I have no problem with posters having opposing views, but what does become incredibly tiresome is the endless repetition of the message. I enjoy most of the contributions from Roger and PT but I'm also enjoying a day or two's respite from Roger's constant bagging of HNZ (and the constant pumping of AIR).

Discl: Hold both (HNZ and AIR that is - not Roger and PT!)
    I think that is what is at the heart of the matter.
    Why bother posting ,why bother doing research,why bother trying to have a sensible adult conversation?
    Unfortunately more people just can't be bothered.
    People having an argument on ST may be entertaining,but those who are trying to make a contributuion end up saying "I can't be bothered".
    To those who enjoy a good argument,get off the fence and try and make a useful contribution.Be bothered.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I think that is what is at the heart of the matter.
    Why bother posting ,why bother doing research,why bother trying to have a sensible adult conversation?
    Unfortunately more people just can't be bothered.
    People having an argument on ST may be entertaining,but those who are trying to make a contributuion end up saying "I can't be bothered".
    To those who enjoy a good argument,get off the fence and try and make a useful contribution.Be bothered.
    One has to be charitable..

Share Trader Forum...

Can be addictive :-)))

Advanced Member

That has sent some scurrying through their thoughts :-)))))

Advanced Member

It must also be presented..

Share forum is the best value that is available to so many for so little..

THE BEST !!..

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I´m sure he can. Roger is a valuable poster although I do not agree with his view on HNZ. But I sincerely hope he has not been banned this time for anything he has posted on this thread as it seems to me that his recent posts are simply his views and comments put in a non offensive way. Surely he has been banned for comments elsewhere !?
    I got stood down for a week in August wasn't really sure why but didn't get too upset was lying on a Indonesian beach and being warm!

Stating a view that is contrary to the popular view is not 'arguing'. Many of those posts are valuable contributions.

All insights should be welcomed which will enrich our knowledge of the company - that's the basis of good fundamental analysis

What any individual does with those insights is their choice. They may care to ignore them but please let others take them on board if they think them worthwhile. Not having these discussions will deprive them of that knowledge.
    Last edited by winner69; 04-12-2015 at 07:58 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Stating a view that is contrary to the popular view is not 'arguing'. Many of those posts are valuable contributions.

All insights should be welcomed which will enrich our knowledge of the company - that's the basis of good fundamental analysis

What any individual does with those insights is their choice. They may care to ignore them but please let others take them on board if they think them worthwhile. Not having these discussions will deprive them of that knowledge.

Ditto mate!!. I don't understand, no one offended anyone. If it continues i don't think the site will last long!

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Well put winner, censoring discussion and debate will end ST. We don't want it to end do we.

Has there been an incident or a scenario where our ST MOD explained why someone is banned? Otherwise, I say that ST MOD is either of the accounting and/or auditing profession and got tickled badly when PT and Roger were questioning about accounting/auditing procedures Yeah, banning both sane and prolific contributors for something so trivial to me is hard sometimes to comprehend.