sharetrader
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    I agree with this; who needs the constant multiple posting, spruiking or bagging a stock.Its like he needs to influence and be the authority go to leader and it goes on and on.And encouraging people to buy is potentially sus.Whats the motive here?.If he could come back and share his v good research without the repetition or agenda and higher righteous ground; then welcome ; that would be a win/win for all;if he is not prepared to adjust ; adapt ,well maybe he would be better off with his own blogg site where he can totallying a bit respective suit himself and lead..
    Aren't you yourself getting a bit repetitive here doing much the same as you accuse others off doing.

Just an observation - and jeez I am not even a STMOD
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Better to your face than behind your back Vince. Obviously some disgruntled patrons in the ST restaurant. Reminds me of a upmarket eatery that opened to high acclaim in Miramar here in Wellington and was given great reviews etc. etc. Some six month later the owner found himself in hot water because he insisted that a "highly perfumed" lady dining that evening had to leave the premises because the strength of the perfume was so offputting it was causing other customers problems. So a few months later after all the adverse publicity the restaurant closed. What's the moral..it doesn't matter what the facts are in many cases its how the circumstances are perceived and transmitted that ultimately determines the outcome. Dealing with issues is good, transparency is good and I'm sure everyone recognises that getting things out in the open is much better than shutting things down..which the ST MOD could have done. Stick with it..the end result will be better for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Seems like this has just turned into a bitch session about the moderators... not what I really expected.

Vince
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Seems like this has just turned into a bitch session about the moderators... not what I really expected.

Vince
    Well Vince, perhaps thats getting to the heart of the issue.

You have been given examples of where Forum Members feel aggrieved.

To use an analogy its seems to me that the Mods are there as market regulators - there to keep some semblance of order and transparency and ensure the playing field stays level.

Trouble is it seems like there are two sets of rule. The last couple of days has been interesting - seems to me Forum Members have a pretty good understanding of the rules under which they participate.

But it also seems the Mods have their own sets of rules. And perhaps each mod has a different set from another Mod. And then the Mods apply the Forum rule breach consequences to their own sets of rules.

So perhaps we don't actually need a new set of rules. Maybe its just one set for all.

And of course rules need to have consequences when they are breached. Perhaps forum members would appreciate a guideline on what they can expect to happen to them when they start infringing - but we already have that in the rules. Looking back to the Market Regulators - they dont go for a delisting straight away if say, an Annual Return isnt filed on time. There are normally warning shorts, like trading halts, and then there are fines and eventually when the real serious stuff happens the big boys get involved.

Doesn't matter the analogy - there is just one set of rules. And the application of those rules are transparent.

But hey - I've learnt something these last few days. Didn't realise there was an "Ignore" button. Must look that one up. Wouldn't use it myself, but if Forum members get a bit agitated at the way a thread is progressing perhaps they should be encouraged to make better use of this feature. Probably make the Mods jobs a bit easier if Members took responsibility for their own sense of grievance rather than let others be aggrieved on their behalf.
    Last edited by minimoke; 14-12-2015 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Well Vince, perhaps thats getting to the heart of the issue.

You have been given examples of where Forum Members feel aggrieved.

Agree mini, that is the heart of the matter. And Vince needs to recognise that.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    BP - you used snitch, a word I haven't seen for years

I snitched yesterday

For the first time ever I used the Report Post button. Yes I snitched

The post (on this thread) I snitched on was the most vitriolic personal attack on a fellow forum member I have seen. It really was bad

Fortunately it was taken down, presumably by an admin person because my post suggesting the poster himself delete it was also deleted.

If I ran this site I would have banned the poster for good. But he seems to have got off scot free as his guru status remains intact

At least being a snitch meant who the post was aimed at didn't see it.
    If Vince needed evidence about STMod inconsistency about who gets banned I ask him to look at the deleted posts of early afternoon on 5th Dec (assuming a record remains) - the post mentioned deserved a very long time on the sideline.
    Last edited by winner69; 14-12-2015 at 07:24 AM.

AWOL

This has nothing to do with anything anyone has said so far and is merely an observation.

New Zealand appears to have a population with a bias towards knocking others just for the hell of it. Otherwise known as Tall Poppy Syndrome there is no doubt in my mind a fairly large element of this creeps into the conversations on ST.
    Recipients invariably respond leading to further and deepening agitation.
    It would appear that we are currently stuck with it as part of the national psyche.
    Communication and Education are about the only things that can change it.

Vince
    Hi Vince ... first - given that we have at current a number of quite unhappy posters - and some of them (I think) some of our most valuable contributors - great that STMOD / you give us a platform to discuss some of the unease which seems to stifle our community.

I think it is great that we want to make this a still better forum, but one of my problems is, that I still don't understand how the existing system works. Before we change this system - would it be possible that either you or somebody from STMOD could clarify:

1) What exactly is your position - do you own Tarawera or are you employed by them?
    2) What's in it for Tarawara to run this forum (i.e. what is its ultimate purpose)? - How does Taraware want this forum to look like?
    3) Who or what is STMOD (we don't need names, but it would be good to know to understand any potential conflict of interest and whether this is one person or a number of people ... and, if they are posters on this forum as well, who are they?
    4) If regular posters are part of STMOD - what was the criterium to get them there? Have they been elected by other members, have they been selected by yourself or somebody else from Tarawera - and what was the criterium to select them (like number of posts, reputation, personal contacts, other)?

Any chance to get some information on that before we proceed?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

The approachable Admin Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Interesting that neither Percy or Joshuatree have denied being part of STMOD. Sunlight is a great disinfectant and we have secrets and dark places badly in need of sunlight.
    I will do my best to leave it at that for now. I believe I have fully articulated my thoughts..probably too fully for some people's liking.

Neither of them are MODS and the thing I will never tolerate is accusing other members of certain things.

The approachable Admin Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    This has nothing to do with anything anyone has said so far and is merely an observation.

New Zealand appears to have a population with a bias towards knocking others just for the hell of it. Otherwise known as Tall Poppy Syndrome there is no doubt in my mind a fairly large element of this creeps into the conversations on ST.
    Recipients invariably respond leading to further and deepening agitation.
    It would appear that we are currently stuck with it as part of the national psyche.
    Communication and Education are about the only things that can change it.
    Best post yet!

Banned

Neither of them are MODS and the thing I will never tolerate is accusing other members of certain things.

Bearing that statement in mind Vince could you please give some thought to answering Black Peters questions. Best wishes