sharetrader
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: New Forum Rules

Guru

I remember when they first made the reputation comments transparent(revealed the names)It was quite an eye opener-(I think there must have been some red faces--Lets face it -behind the scenes emails to gang up is a bit on the dark side--I dont think I was the only one to be surprised at this.--It kind of makes it a bit harder to pre judge bannings

h2so4--things may be getting more exciting if Mon (US time)doesnt pull out of this potential dive..

Very good! Ha ha. But lets leave the unicorns out of this. I mean what did they ever do to you.... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    Not sure that makes sense Daytr?
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Really that's quite interesting re the behind the scenes stuff you mention. Some people obviously have too much time on their hands.
    Hard to moderate when you have that going on to contend with as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Yes really! What you haven't seen is the hatred spread through emails to other members encouraging them to influence others and make stupid posts all generated by a small group who think they rule the forum.

It's only a small group which are ruining it for others and quite honestly I may even post these emails so you can see who they are and what has been said, - think you'll change you opinion fast after that!

BTW - you're spot-on with your last paragraph.

Vince
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

You may wish to consider limiting off-topic ramblings. A few threads I have come across in the past have had large numbers of posts between 2 or 3 authors that drift considerably from specific share/market/company discussions. "The lounge" would be an appropriate place for such conversations

Hard to moderate as determination can be somewhat subjective

percy

Quote Originally Posted by xafalcon View Post
    You may wish to consider limiting off-topic ramblings. A few threads I have come across in the past have had large numbers of posts between 2 or 3 authors that drift considerably from specific share/market/company discussions. "The lounge" would be an appropriate place for such conversations

Hard to moderate as determination can be somewhat subjective
    Some times the ramblings can be a bit like the AGMs I attend.
    You often pick up more after the meeting than during it.!! .

Permanent Newbie

Ignore this post and me if I continue to ask dumb questions.

Just as a matter of interest, is there an ignore button option on sharetrader? With that we could self regulate.
    Last edited by Aaron; 23-12-2015 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Looked in settings and will play around with ignore list if required

Quote Originally Posted by QOH View Post
    S

Totally agree with this, surely we are all adults here, who can pick and choose which posts, posters and threads interest us and simply scroll past the rest, or put the poster on ignore.
    Don't we have enough "rules" in our lives without having to worry about being banned from an online forum for upsetting someone.
    I have to say I agree with you, Bannings for the most part will work against the forum,whilst some silly stuff gets posted,there are some knowledgable people being banned that I quite enjoy reading their comments.
    I feel the forum in the most part, should be self governing with Vince only dishing out a short term ban for serious offences, of which I'm sure everyone knows what they would be.
    Vince your banning of g1 permanently,even though there were (emails),is a bit tough mate.
    Everyone has the right to ignore anyone they think is going overboard,I think bannings for the most part are doing a disservice to the richness of this forum.
    A list of etiquete (sp) on the front page,plus the 1 thing that will get you a short term ban of 2 weeks,(very serious though,not just an opinion) I think would be enough and trial it for a year.
    And the 1 thing that could get you that ban -- Abuse of any kind. including swearing.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    I remember when they first made the reputation comments transparent(revealed the names)It was quite an eye opener-(I think there must have been some red faces--Lets face it -behind the scenes emails to gang up is a bit on the dark side--I dont think I was the only one to be surprised at this.--It kind of makes it a bit harder to pre judge bannings

h2so4--things may be getting more exciting if Mon (US time)doesnt pull out of this potential dive..
    Great idea bring back the transparency ,or like on HC where you can only post good rep,it got rid of alot of backstabbing instantly,although posters still ramp up and down over there natch.But they can't try and influence others to give negative rep which is good thing for one.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Great idea bring back the transparency ,or like on HC where you can only post good rep,it got rid of alot of backstabbing instantly,although posters still ramp up and down over there natch.But they can't try and influence others to give negative rep which is good thing for one.
    could be a good idea. although I am hopeful that things will be on a much more even keel going forward, now.