So re your responses to my post # 1...actually anyone can report a post not solely the aggrieved person. Simply click on icon at bottom left of post.
#2 similar but different...its possible to rubbish someone elses choices and investing style and not be abusive, but at the same time make them feel bullied. There is a way of doing it which can be constructive and supportive which is surely more productive.
#3 not to question your motives ..but whats the harm in disclosing your (our) interests. Personally I feel it adds to the weight of the post/poster if I see they have skin in the game. its too easy to be critical when you don't have anything to lose or gain. Also its all anonymous anyway so I don't see the issue.
#4 details obviously need to be hammered out but ultimately once set should be easy to follow and understand.
Which posts to delete and when and can mods do it or posters are another discussion in my view. what we should be focussing on first is the rules and whether they are fair , manageable and easily administered. I'm assuming the moderators don't get paid for what they do so lets make their job easier and less tiresome and less time absorbing.
Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
To keep the ball rolling.....
more an Admin issue - but the only person who can complain about rule one is the aggrieved person - not a [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]bystander
[FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]
Kinda the same as rule 1? and will perhaps makes things a bit sterile

[FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3] No I am against this one. My shareholdings are my personal business. This is a forum, not an investment advice seervbice so any views, unrestrained should be welcome

Agreed, but how a bout a bit simpler.
Moderators cannot contribute to treads
Complaints can only be made against a rule and by a participant in that thread
Upheld complaint earns a "warning (wee red light thing that goes next to the Green light Reputations) that lasts say 6 months."Mods decide first 2 red lights
Three red lights (on any threads combined) earns say a one week ban. Next ban is for say one month, next six months next one year.
Decision on third red light decided by Jury of peers, not a Moderaotr

Agreed - rules need to be simple and objective. Dont make the Mods job harder by allowing subjectivity.

Oh, and another bit of admin rule.
- Posters are solely responsible for opening, amending , deleting pasts. Admin reserves the right to add a footnote (eg "this post has earnt a warning"". None of this wholesale deletion of all posts when a Member spits the dummy. No deleting of posts by Mods. Flag it as a rule breaker sure, but move on.