sharetrader
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Forum Rules

The approachable Admin Guy

Exclamation New Forum Rules

Ok, so obviously we need some new rules around posting etc.

I invite members to post here some rules they would like to give a definitive as to what is right & wrong, what will get you a warning and what will get you a temporary banning and a permanent one.

What I'm looking for is you guys make the rules and you guys abide by them, - just the set of golden rules with nothing too long-winded.

Regard's,
    Vince

P.s - Keep this thread about the rules and nothing else please!

OK. I'll get the ball rolling.

No personal abuse of a Member including the use of expressions of bigotry, racism, sexism, hatred or profanity.

No providing of information which could be construed as financial investment advice under (What ever Act)

No bringing the reputation of the Shareholder Forum, its owners, Members, Administrators Moderators etc into disrepute, including the making of defamatory statements

No spruiking stuff

No telling tales unless it is breach of one of these rules.

No grumbling, moaning whinging about anything related to this forum.

Thanks Minimoke!

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Thanks Minimoke!
    Reinstate all banned members.
    Second Chance
    No Trolling
    Also
    Thumbs Up Thumbs Down Excessive thumbs down 1 week ban/2 week ban/ Bye byes 1 year
    Stock Held Yes NO and Sentiment
    Buy Hold Sell

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    OK. I'll get the ball rolling.

No personal abuse of a Member including the use of expressions of bigotry, racism, sexism, hatred or profanity.

No providing of information which could be construed as financial investment advice under (What ever Act)

No bringing the reputation of the Shareholder Forum, its owners, Members, Administrators Moderators etc into disrepute, including the making of defamatory statements

No spruiking stuff

No telling tales unless it is breach of one of these rules.

No grumbling, moaning whinging about anything related to this forum.
    Think I could live with these rules ...

Propose to add something related to openness / transparency / disclosure:

- disclosure required for posters with admin / moderator rights & conflict of interest resolution process (moderators who are as well posters are only able to penalise posters if they are impartial in the related discussion) - a simple referral process should solve this.

- Every moderator has a unique ID (based on my understanding that STMOD might be a number of people)

- long term bans (more than some days) can be appealed. Appeal process as proposed by Birman boy (e.g. referral to a panel of say one moderator and 2 or 3 posters excluding the moderator who decided about he original ban)

... and I'd like a clear escalation process like e.g. proposed by miner (starting with warning / short ban (days) and only if this does not work, long ban (months). permanent ban in my view only for repeat offenders (3 strikes) and really bad behaviour

agree as well with BirmanBoy's proposal that Moderators should explain the reason for any warnings / bans by referral to the respective (violated) rule.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Share Collector

Expected disclosure of related party interests or significant conflict of interest (i.e. other than minority shareholder <5% retail investor)

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    No Trolling
    Also
    Thanks Minerbarejet, - care to define you understanding of trolling to make it clear.

Vince

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Think I could live with these rules ...

Propose to add something related to openness / transparency / disclosure:

- disclosure required for posters with admin / moderator rights & conflict of interest resolution process (moderators who are as well posters are only able to penalise posters if they are impartial in the related discussion) - a simple referral process should solve this.

- Every moderator has a unique ID (based on my understanding that STMOD might be a number of people)

- long term bans (more than some days) can be appealed. Appeal process as proposed by Birman boy (e.g. referral to a panel of say one moderator and 2 or 3 posters excluding the moderator who decided about he original ban)

... and I'd like a clear escalation process like e.g. proposed by miner (starting with warning / short ban (days) and only if this does not work, long ban (months). permanent ban in my view only for repeat offenders (3 strikes) and really bad behaviour

agree as well with BirmanBoy's proposal that Moderators should explain the reason for any warnings / bans by referral to the respective (violated) rule.
    Thanks BP - good points!

Vince

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Expected disclosure of related party interests or significant conflict of interest (i.e. other than minority shareholder <5% retail investor)

Agree, thanks Lizard

Banned

Vince - you know my thoughts - thanks for the PM