sharetrader
Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748 LastLast
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Will keep holding and await the property market to cycle back to a more uplifting place.Have enough of these atp and am stuck in the red a whiles imo. Keeping the faith here.
    Your atp reminded me I doubled up my ATP holding on Friday. Altlas Pearls Ltd.
    • The Company continues to operate on a 24-month growing cycle from seeding to harvest. The
    Company is expecting to harvest 150,000 pearls in the quarter and sell approximately 180,000
    pearls, utilising stock available at the beginning of the quarter.

This last quarter they sold 119,301.
    September quarter last year they sold 96,636,so are looking to sell nearly twice as many in this same quarter.
    Very high spec sector.
    Last of their outstanding loan will be repaid in September.
    With big tax loses I expect they will either start a share buy back or capital return rather than divies.
    Atlas Pearls Ltd.
    shares on issue 427,871,758
    Market cap at 3.2 cps $13,691,896
    eps.2.73
    PE 1.17 [not a mistake]
    NTA 6cents.
    Last edited by percy; 31-07-2022 at 10:49 AM.

ATP is an interesting one alright.
    Over half their 2021 statutory npat was revaluation (reversing previous asset writedowns), so normalising npat puts them on a PE around 4, still cheap.
    They are at the mercy of climatic conditions and market prices, which have led to losses over several years previously and means they're unlikely to ever trade on a high PE.
    On the plus side, covid seems to have been a blessing in disguise by nudging them towards developing an online sales platform which is now boosting margins and greatly improving sales reach and branding.
    The move towards environmentally sustainable luxury products which can be traced to source is another tailwind.
    Now that they're getting debt well under control and containing costs, I'm thinking about a small investment.

Btw, DVR looks super cheap - and solid too.

percy

DVR looks interesting.
    ATP.Hopefully the "game changer" move to online sales will continue to attract more customers at better prices.High risk as you noted.

A couple of other interesting ones - and more tech in nature (but not held by DMX as far as i know) - I'm looking into:

- CGS - Cogstate a "neuroscience technology company optimising brain health assessments to advance thedevelopment of new medicines and to enable earlier clinical insights in healthcare. Strong growth and ROC and PE of 24 (excl cash).

- VMT - Vmoto - manufacture (in own Chinese factory) and distribute Electric Motorbikes, mostly sold in Europe. Mcap $113m, $25m cash, 2021 (Year end is Dec) NPAT $8m (ie PE net cash 11), up 76%; Operating cashflow $6.5m HY to 6.2022. So low valuation and high growth.

I'd be interested to know if anyone's looked into either of those and has any thoughts.

Had a first pass at VMT and looked very interesting - put it on the list of must look into this more. But have not done this yet. Seems to be going great guns. Big tailwinds etc.

Advanced Member

I had VMT on my watchlist for ages. Took it off around 2019 when the Ducati deal was announced. Thought I missed the boat and moved on. But by the looks the share price hasn't run away as quickly as I thought. Will definitely have another look.

@ percy and Darkhorse - thanks for drawing my attention to ATP. I had a look at the accounts and announcements and dipped my toe in early last week. I particularly like companies which are generating enough cash to make meaningful inroads into their debt.

One issue which I'm still trying to get my mind around is whether (and to what extent) ATP's earnings are seasonal? I struggled to get confirmation one way or the other from the last set of accounts.

Side note: Mrs Traineeinvestor has "asked" me to email ATP about shareholder discounts!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor View Post
    @ percy and Darkhorse - thanks for drawing my attention to ATP. I had a look at the accounts and announcements and dipped my toe in early last week. I particularly like companies which are generating enough cash to make meaningful inroads into their debt.

One issue which I'm still trying to get my mind around is whether (and to what extent) ATP's earnings are seasonal? I struggled to get confirmation one way or the other from the last set of accounts.

Side note: Mrs Traineeinvestor has "asked" me to email ATP about shareholder discounts!
    Note the January announcements refer to the quarter ending December.
    .Quarterly Sales..Announcement date..Jan 2021.................March .2021..............June.2021...................... .Sept 2021.
    Sales revenue..2021................................$5.2 mil....................3mil....................... ..4.3mil.........................3.3mil.
    Sales revenue...2022................................$5mi l.......................5mil...................... ...4.6mil
    Pleased the Mrs is "alert".

Atlas pearls was one of a random handful I used to follow 15 or more years ago. Didn't know they still existed. Never bought. They used to have an Indonesian general on the board whose role was some sort of facilitator. Maybe that's why.

Guru

PPL
    Latest results looking good
    https://stocknessmonster.com/announc...asx-2A1394558/

Can it? will it x over?
    Waiting patiently
    Fund selling down
    https://stocknessmonster.com/announc...asx-2A1390607/
    https://stocknessmonster.com/charts/ppl.asx/

Good volume today