sharetrader
Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748 LastLast
    percy

ATP's annual report made for good reading. I topped up on the back of the result.

The most interesting things to me were (i) speculating on what they will do with the free cash flow once the last of the debt is repaid this month and (ii) wondering how much the poorer quality crop which is working its way through the system will impact earnings - potentially by a lot based on the sensitivity tables included in the report.

percy

Yes the report read really well.Balance sheet is super strong with an equity ratio of 77.34%.Incredible.
    The poor quality pearls;Pearly page 14.
    The Company harvested more than 629,000 pearls this financial year, its largest ever harvest year. This is a testament to the commitment of Atlas’
    employees. Harvests were in line with expectations, however, pearls harvested in H2 showed a decline in quality from those pearls harvested during
    H1 FY2022. The Company expects this trend to continue to the end of August as these pearls relate to a particular family cohort that will work its way
    through the production cycle over the next month.

The Chairman said:.....page 5.
    The quality of goods produced in the second half of the year was below that in the first half and this is thought to be related to genetic issues
    of a cohort of shell that should all be harvested by the end of Q1 FY22/23.

The on going strong cash flow and positive net profit should see them under take a share buy back.
    Still a lot of tax losses to be used up.
    Last edited by percy; 01-09-2022 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Yes the report read really well.Balance sheet is super strong with an equity ratio of 77.34%.Incredible.
    The poor quality pearls;Pearly page 14.
    The Company harvested more than 629,000 pearls this financial year, its largest ever harvest year. This is a testament to the commitment of Atlas’
    employees. Harvests were in line with expectations, however, pearls harvested in H2 showed a decline in quality from those pearls harvested during
    H1 FY2022. The Company expects this trend to continue to the end of August as these pearls relate to a particular family cohort that will work its way
    through the production cycle over the next month.

The Chairman said:.....page 5.
    The quality of goods produced in the second half of the year was below that in the first half and this is thought to be related to genetic issues
    of a cohort of shell that should all be harvested by the end of Q1 FY22/23.

The on going strong cash flow and positive net profit should see them under take a share buy back.
    Still a lot of tax losses to be used up.
    Thanks for pointing that out, although I assume there will be a few months between harvest and sale so the weakness will spill over to Q2 FY22/23. In any event, it's a manageable issue and still leaves ATP looking extremely cheap.

Given the tiny market cap and ultra-skinny liquidity, I'm not sure a share buy-back is realistic? But I agree that unfranked dividends are not in shareholders' best interests so I'd rather see at least an attempt at a buy back until they've worked their way through the tax losses.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Drew95 View Post
    Yes I have just added ICT to my portfolio. Its now 19 consecutive days of 'Green Bars' in a soft market.

Attachment 13553
    https://hotcopper.com.au/documentemb...2F5667FiGug%3D

Double bagger.Student enrolments waay above pre covid,the future looks great.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 08-09-2022 at 12:00 AM.

I hope many of you are familiar with CCR - starting to surge on stunning growth, new director has bought invested almost $1.9m in on market purchases in the past week. One of the best prospects I've seen in recent years.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Drew95 View Post
    PTG in particular looks good IMO. Essentially at cash flow breakeven with $14 mill in the bank. "The Fourth Quarter’s strong financials demonstrate continued strong growth. We have delivered an annual growth in cash receipts of 74% to $21.4m for the full 2022 financial year. In addition, our net cash flow from operations for the full year increased by 136% over the full 2021 financial year. “Our strong balance sheet and earnings enable us to self-fund our growth without needing to raise funds and dilute shareholders."

And the share price drops almost 20% !! Down 70% from its peak. I think I'll grab some of these.
    Takeover at 60c a share.Would have liked to have held it longer .
    https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/7058848/
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 31-10-2022 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Takeover at 60c a share.Would have liked to have held it longer .
    https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/7058848/
    I thought it was too reliant on growth by acquisition, so was looking for a pump to get out, 60c will do nicely, thank you.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by bullfrog View Post
    I thought it was too reliant on growth by acquisition, so was looking for a pump to get out, 60c will do nicely, thank you.
    Yes sorry to see them taken over,however they have turned into a dead duck for me,so it will be pleasing to come out with a good profit.
    Last edited by percy; 01-11-2022 at 06:16 PM.

IMO

STL Straker translations,nice extension with IBM ,great efficiencies and automation,you can see why they extended

https://hotcopper.com.au/documentemb...Rt%2BLFiGug%3D