sharetrader
Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Evening all,

GNX - Good exposure for most peoples portfolios into both solar and hydro. The twist here is that the hydro isn't a base load producer, its aim is to be used as a peaker plant, e.g. only kick on when electricity prices are high. Its arguably one of the best growth clean technology stocks on the ASX at the moment. There advantage for the hydro comes from not having to build a dam or do any major earthworks. The advantage for the solar is that currently there is the initial infrastructure already in place (given the site used to be a mine). The disadvantage is not know what the company will do regarding funding. The QLD government seems to be on board with recent announcements, but its not going to be a cheap project.

HZR - effectively this is a process for stripping carbon out of natural gas thus emitting hydrogen. Scientifically its called the thermal decomposition of methane. This is reasonably studied and has been known for quite a long time - the process of making methanol starts with the thermal decomposition of methane (steam reformation) into hydrogen and carbon monoxide before it is catalysed into methanol. The Hazer Process is different as it can capture the carbon in a useful form, which is usually not done. The process is not that far removed from current hydrogen production methods, with their only advantage being a lower cost catalyst and the appearance of them being carbon friendly (e.g. emitting no CO2). My main concern is around the saleability of the graphite, and as above, funding for their full scale production facility.

EMC - EMC is very interesting in terms of taking a different approach to an incumbent method. Take hydroworks, the company that raised money recently on SnowBall Effect. They made it possible to extract energy from micro, small, and medium scale hydro which is everywhere. This is similar to what EMC is trying to achieve in that in the past it was perceived that making a larger singe point facility is better than lots of smaller ones. I think, as we expand as a society, this can be incredibly inefficient. Water is a volume game, e.g. its incompressible so your costs a closely paired with the volumes you are handling. Therefore a single production facility means that in a big city you have to transport large volumes big distances. This equals greater cost. This was usually completed because there was no solution that could be rolled out at the origin. Now there is, and it has the potential to be a game changer. My only concern with this is that there is already large amounts of sunken costs by governments etc into current waste water treatment methods, so they are unlikely, in the near term, to start transitioning to a better solution if their current systems are doing just fine.

Just my thoughts, appreciate yours!
    “If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” ― Marcus Aurelius

IMO

Just seen your thread DEJ while editing, synchronicityGNX Solar and pumped storage Hydro. Certainly ticks my boxes re Climate Change

Download Document
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 07-03-2016 at 07:16 PM.

Advanced Member

Thanks for all the tips. Definetely having a closer look at GNX & EMC.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    cheers penn re disruptive , pretty flexible there.Anyone else run their eyes over it. Will try later.

Some info on YNB from company today re MYSQUAR 3% forging new ground in MYANMAR
    MEU 48%Disruptive Aus mobile network op
    WONDR 100%Major social network platforms into 1 feed
    PRISM DIGITAL 60% Digital recruitment agency
    GOPHR 75% Order your courier from your mobile
    BOPPL 72%Leading mobile ordering and payment app

PDF Acheivements 2015
    Trading halt re a cap raise in a subsidiary. Heres hoping we get some idea re the value increase in this company Gophr or Boppl suggested. Been my worst performer to date.

IMO

EMC finished the week @ 30c . Management are getting the word around. Read this and you will get the picture.

Download Document

Thanks again JT, great to see they anticipate having sufficient capital 'til well into 2017, and retain strong competitive advantage in a huge potential market. Nice gain since dipping my toes in a few weeks ago, impressed by track record of founders.

Quote Originally Posted by showstring View Post
    Another potentially interesting/disruptive tech stock on my watchlist is RAD. Haven't purchased yet, because they have only just announced possible reverse-listing acquisition for Weebit, which is a type of ReRAM technology. The reverse-listing transaction hasn't completed yet, and they are overdue on the due-diligence announcement, so at this stage it's a bit dubious whether it will actually happen.

Weebit's ReRAM tech Looks impressive on paper, but hard to guess which ReRAM technology might win since it's not all about technical specifications, but mostly who decides to throw most money at a particular tech.

some research on the Weebit tech:
    http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/2015111...l5bgff6w52.pdf
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZYFAYmGNZI
    http://hotcopper.com.au/threads/weeb...posure.2673127
    Former Intel Executive Vice President just joined the Weebit board.
    Looks like this thing is legit...

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/2016032...f741kqm69g.pdf
    Last edited by showstring; 21-03-2016 at 12:14 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dej View Post
    Evening all,

GNX - Good exposure for most peoples portfolios into both solar and hydro. The twist here is that the hydro isn't a base load producer, its aim is to be used as a peaker plant, e.g. only kick on when electricity prices are high. Its arguably one of the best growth clean technology stocks on the ASX at the moment. There advantage for the hydro comes from not having to build a dam or do any major earthworks. The advantage for the solar is that currently there is the initial infrastructure already in place (given the site used to be a mine). The disadvantage is not know what the company will do regarding funding. The QLD government seems to be on board with recent announcements, but its not going to be a cheap project.

HZR - effectively this is a process for stripping carbon out of natural gas thus emitting hydrogen. Scientifically its called the thermal decomposition of methane. This is reasonably studied and has been known for quite a long time - the process of making methanol starts with the thermal decomposition of methane (steam reformation) into hydrogen and carbon monoxide before it is catalysed into methanol. The Hazer Process is different as it can capture the carbon in a useful form, which is usually not done. The process is not that far removed from current hydrogen production methods, with their only advantage being a lower cost catalyst and the appearance of them being carbon friendly (e.g. emitting no CO2). My main concern is around the saleability of the graphite, and as above, funding for their full scale production facility.

EMC - EMC is very interesting in terms of taking a different approach to an incumbent method. Take hydroworks, the company that raised money recently on SnowBall Effect. They made it possible to extract energy from micro, small, and medium scale hydro which is everywhere. This is similar to what EMC is trying to achieve in that in the past it was perceived that making a larger singe point facility is better than lots of smaller ones. I think, as we expand as a society, this can be incredibly inefficient. Water is a volume game, e.g. its incompressible so your costs a closely paired with the volumes you are handling. Therefore a single production facility means that in a big city you have to transport large volumes big distances. This equals greater cost. This was usually completed because there was no solution that could be rolled out at the origin. Now there is, and it has the potential to be a game changer. My only concern with this is that there is already large amounts of sunken costs by governments etc into current waste water treatment methods, so they are unlikely, in the near term, to start transitioning to a better solution if their current systems are doing just fine.

Just my thoughts, appreciate yours!
    Thanks for your post Dej and I really appreciate your notes. I bought a small parcel of HZR at 32cents this week and have small buy orders in for the other two.

Thanks JT and Dej, I have read up more on EMC and it looks like a very promising technology/infrastructure investment. Strong management, well-funded, well-protected and proven technology, massive potential market, sales pipeline already building. What's not to like about that. Got me a few.

Membaa

CL8 breakout on news Melbourne Airport deal signed and automotive dealer launch

This is a big move for Collaborate Corp, breaking into the commercial fleet business and a replicable model for expansion around Aus airports. SP likely to run up from here after a period in the doldrums. Watching for an announce on Government deals.