sharetrader
Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Cap raise for BRN; 1 for 26c @15c to raise re$4 mill b4 costs.. Have had alook .Mkt cap re $120 mill. Client server interface tool.Advantage over deep learning through instant training. Snap learns from a few samples in seconds.In 2016 the co expects to licence their Tech, SNAP and AVFE (Autonomous Visual feature Extraction Function). The neuromorphic chip mkt to grow to $4.8 bill by 2022.Compound growth of 22%.Revenue will come from 3 activities, licensing the tech,engineering fees and royalties." BRN hardware claiming to disrupt almost very industry it touches". Mr Mitro known as the "Exit Man" gets companies to the stage where they get taken out. Got to be highly speculative until those f500 contracts start arriving. Thoughts BaaBaa anyone?
    Sorry can't help you much there JT except share some views. BrainChip looks to be an exciting new technology development, though I don't begin to understand the actual tech behind it, the idea has merit for sure. As an investment, it seems to have a ways to go. Until the tech is endorsed by a major customer licence it is captive to the traders and rampant speculation (esp on HC), with the material SP trend being down. It wouldn't pass any of the 'Dragons Den' tests. Interesting that they valued their own company at .16 with the CR, that'll rock the boats of a few of the exuberant promoters and outright rampers, not to mention the minions who piled in during the P&D's and are way under water now. If you thought ... hey, this could be a 100-500 bagger if it works out, and don't mind losing all your money on a zero-sum investment, win bloody big or lose the lot, maybe it's worth a punt. Not for me until I see some commercial runs on the board. I like techs when they're selling something real into a proven humungous global market. BRN is too early for me. Maybe a super-nimble trader could work this stock in it's current state, but that's not me.

Edit: I should add though that technically, the SP has come all the way back to support at .16 and with the CR that support should hold, so perhaps a technical buy with a nimble trigger finger on the sell button?
    Last edited by Baa_Baa; 15-04-2016 at 06:32 PM.

IMO

Sorry thought it was your pick BB.i see its is CL8.. Yes very speculative and hard to grasp ; like Quantum physics. ; will watch for a F500 contract.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 15-04-2016 at 08:16 PM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Sorry thought it was your pick BB.i see its is CL8.. Yes very speculative and hard to grasp ; like physics. ; will watch for a F500 contract.
    I do have it in the ASX stock pick comp along with AJX CL8 CM8 CNW BRN, but they're all getting killed at the moment.

Thanks everyone for posting. I was checking out this looking for another Diligent. Researched Brainchip because both Diligent and Brainchip are world leaders in their field. Found another similarity – Delaware.

http://www.proactiveinvestors.com.au...hip-62990.html
    Aziana Limited simplifies and amends acquisition of BrainChip
    Aziana will create a new Delaware incorporated subsidiary that will merge with the Delaware incorporated BrainChip to minimise any un-intended taxation consequences for BrainChip shareholders;

I bought a few. If it takes off it will do well. If it doesn’t well it won’t be the first time I’ve lost money speculating.
    In the Annual Report for year ended 31 December 2015 the Auditor commented on “conditions that raise doubt about the consolidated entity’s ability to continue as a going concern.” But they are just doing a capital raising for $4 M at $0.15 now.

Quote Originally Posted by duncan22 View Post
    Great to see EMC move this week, doubled my holding at 20.5c as well. EMC has a lot of cash so not planning to reduce.

Still holding all of SMN - may reduce some on hype of first commercial contract and rebuy the next quarterly when the cash isn't showing and people sell out.

Bought into GNX at IPO and a bigger parcel at 9c.

Looking at HZR but hoping it will retrace to teens at some stage.
    With HZR, SMN & EMC all running hard over the last few months ive gone looking for other tech/industrial stocks that have yet to run...

Heres another interesting one - would love to hear your thoughts:

XTE
    Inventor of military equipment for sale to defence forces around the world. Main products are a lightweight body armour (XTclave), unamanned aircraft (both drones and airplanes) with an innovative mapping system (XTatlas) with 85% of the Pentagons UAVs sourced from XTE.

- Near term catalysts are winning big contracts with the Aus Def Force with one tender result for 78 un-mannned aircraft due soon (http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/2016021...nhnptcq8cg.pdf)

- Other catalysts are that the US Department of Defences assessment of their body armour technology (http://www.afr.com/it-pro/tiny-defen...20131120-iytkf) through its Foreign Comparative Testing (FCT) Program (which they paid XTE $1.5m for) - this is due to be completed in April 2016 and if successful could mean they become the key player in this niche with licensing and royalty opportunities throughout the US.

- In 2015 FY they made their first net profit in six years - a turning point for the company perhaps. Expecting a small loss in FY16 then profits from FY17 onwards.

- Ivan Slavich & another director were topping up their own holdings on market at 34-36c last July.

- They have secured a $10m equity placement facility for the next 3 years which essentially means whenever they want/need to raise capital they can draw down on the facility at a 5% discount to share price. They have drawn down $500k with half of that when the share price spiked so shares isued at 44.5c

- Only 22,618,257 shares on issue with a market cap just over $8m.

- Latest Investor Presentation: http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/2015111...tpdvrxyv2d.pdf

- Chairmans Latest Address: http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/2015112...c3jq3p21t0.pdf
    Last edited by duncan22; 24-04-2016 at 09:58 AM.

IMO

Worth a read of the XTE thread Dunc. Havn't looked at it XTE for a while ;I remember how lumpy its been and not a sleep easy stock to hold. The catalyst points you raise above and nano mkt cap could elicit a another seat of your pants ride>looking at the chart , its a jagged little thriller.

With HZR, SMN & EMC all running hard over the last few months ive gone looking for other tech/industrial stocks that have yet to run...

XTE
    Inventor of military equipment for sale to defence forces around the world. Main products are a lightweight body armour (XTclave), unamanned aircraft (both drones and airplanes) with an innovative mapping system (XTatlas) with 85% of the Pentagons UAVs sourced from XTE.

- Near term catalysts are winning big contracts with the Aus Def Force with one tender result for 78 un-mannned aircraft due soon (http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/2016021...nhnptcq8cg.pdf)

- Other catalysts are that the US Department of Defences assessment of their body armour technology (http://www.afr.com/it-pro/tiny-defen...20131120-iytkf) through its Foreign Comparative Testing (FCT) Program (which they paid XTE $1.5m for) - this is due to be completed in April 2016 and if successful could mean they become the key player in this niche with licensing and royalty opportunities throughout the US.

- In 2015 FY they made their first net profit in six years - a turning point for the company perhaps. Expecting a small loss in FY16 then profits from FY17 onwards.

- Ivan Slavich & another director were topping up their own holdings on market at 34-36c last July.

- They have secured a $10m equity placement facility for the next 3 years which essentially means whenever they want/need to raise capital they can draw down on the facility at a 5% discount to share price. They have drawn down $500k with half of that when the share price spiked so shares isued at 44.5c

- Latest Investor Presentation: http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/2015111...tpdvrxyv2d.pdf

- Chairmans Latest Address: http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/2015112...c3jq3p21t0.pdf
    Come across any other industrial stocks of interest, Duncan?
    “If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Dej View Post
    Come across any other industrial stocks of interest, Duncan?
    Take a look at GNX - its unloved at the moment but in the right space (clean energy) and with a decent management team. I bought in at 20c on the IPO and at 9c.

Quote Originally Posted by Dej View Post
    Evening all,

GNX - Good exposure for most peoples portfolios into both solar and hydro. The twist here is that the hydro isn't a base load producer, its aim is to be used as a peaker plant, e.g. only kick on when electricity prices are high. Its arguably one of the best growth clean technology stocks on the ASX at the moment. There advantage for the hydro comes from not having to build a dam or do any major earthworks. The advantage for the solar is that currently there is the initial infrastructure already in place (given the site used to be a mine). The disadvantage is not know what the company will do regarding funding. The QLD government seems to be on board with recent announcements, but its not going to be a cheap project.

HZR - effectively this is a process for stripping carbon out of natural gas thus emitting hydrogen. Scientifically its called the thermal decomposition of methane. This is reasonably studied and has been known for quite a long time - the process of making methanol starts with the thermal decomposition of methane (steam reformation) into hydrogen and carbon monoxide before it is catalysed into methanol. The Hazer Process is different as it can capture the carbon in a useful form, which is usually not done. The process is not that far removed from current hydrogen production methods, with their only advantage being a lower cost catalyst and the appearance of them being carbon friendly (e.g. emitting no CO2). My main concern is around the saleability of the graphite, and as above, funding for their full scale production facility.

EMC - EMC is very interesting in terms of taking a different approach to an incumbent method. Take hydroworks, the company that raised money recently on SnowBall Effect. They made it possible to extract energy from micro, small, and medium scale hydro which is everywhere. This is similar to what EMC is trying to achieve in that in the past it was perceived that making a larger singe point facility is better than lots of smaller ones. I think, as we expand as a society, this can be incredibly inefficient. Water is a volume game, e.g. its incompressible so your costs a closely paired with the volumes you are handling. Therefore a single production facility means that in a big city you have to transport large volumes big distances. This equals greater cost. This was usually completed because there was no solution that could be rolled out at the origin. Now there is, and it has the potential to be a game changer. My only concern with this is that there is already large amounts of sunken costs by governments etc into current waste water treatment methods, so they are unlikely, in the near term, to start transitioning to a better solution if their current systems are doing just fine.

Just my thoughts, appreciate yours!
    Take a look at GNX - its unloved at the moment but in the right space (clean energy) and with a decent management team. I bought in at 20c on the IPO and at 9c.
    Funny you mention GNX, attached quote is from earlier in this thread - been holding for awhile and been in contact with management on occasion.

Lucky to get some at 9cps, I purchased most of mine at 11 and 11.5.
    “If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” ― Marcus Aurelius

XTE

Army tender in now (lucky timing) - http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/2016042...d7w3pmyz78.pdf