sharetrader
Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

I had to transfer fund to buy into XTE and it seems I missed out by a day

Advanced Member

Actually managed to pick up a small parcel of XTE at 45cents yesterday. I haven't done my research yet but I really appreciate duncan22 for bringing this one to my attention.

IMO

BUD(in the IOT space) data management and control platforms;Lots of pipeline talk(yeah right) s/p down after quarterly. S/H liked it but the mkt didnt.Early days for this new startup.Unfort big dilution ahead when shares get diluted from 250 to re 900 million off escrow!!. Holds re 22 million shares in RAD and has a relationship with Noveda Tech (USA) and BUDDY on their platform.Work in progress

Great summary by demonic on 4DS ( i don't hold atp)

- "Advantages of this tech: First and foremost it is scalable. Flash technology (Think SSD [Solid State Drives], USB thumbsticks) has reached its limitations already. 50nm is the smalled flash can and ever will get. Considering the 'internet-of-things' we need tech that can be smaller. Most will ask "But USB thumbsticks are already tiny and I get get 128gb on them!" - Yes, but there is FAR more to 4DS tech than that. Have you seen how clunky Virtual Reality headsets are? How ugly and fat wearable watches are? Even google glasses looks chunky. 4DS technology once in production means we will have not only significantly smaller tech, but it the speed and capacity will multiply 10-fold over Flash technology."

- "How can ReRam add value to existing products:
    Your traditional PC, laptops and mobile phones will be exponentially faster and lighter, that is the crux of this technology for existing tech.
    This applies to all tech that uses any form of storage or memory, it is not limited to those that I just mentioned."

"- Negatives: None, really.
    Comparing 4DS to flash is like comparing flash to traditional hard drives. Flash has essentially no real world negatives (it has a write limitation, but would take 8+ years of use to reach it). I imagine 4DS tech will have no real world negatives as a tech."

-" Risk in investing to 4ds:
    Just like 98% of stocks, Competition. FRAM, MRAM, DRAM, SRAM, 3D NAND(Flash). Why 4ds above these? It has a giant hardware manufacturer on its side; Western Digital's HGST division.
    If you've ever owned a desktop, I'd say a good 70% chance you've had a Western Digital HDD in your computer at some stage.
    Having WD on 4ds' side means that their time lines are fast tracked significantly more than any other techs.
    This is perhaps the only reason I'd choose 4ds over any other tech, the fact that it can start pumping the chips upon completion of it's technology development."

-" When do we expect 4ds to actually produce?:
    From memory production to start mid 2017 to 2018? Check their presentations, I forget."

-" When will the share price of 4DS increase?:
    Whenever there is good news. Realistically I don't expect 4DS SP to rise in any dramatic fashion for another 1 year at a minimum.
    Best time buy is now, it's basically at it's lowest SP."

-" What is the revenue for current NAND Flash tech (which 4ds will replace in the future):
    Global revenue in Q1 2010 it was $4.3bn
    In Q4 of 2015 it was $8.3bn
    (keep in mind this is quarterly, not yearly revenue!)"
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 06-05-2016 at 10:57 AM.

IMO

Well read this early and mkt was very slow to react(i was even slower S/P did end up 11.4% to 39c

MBE Forecasts Strong EBITDA and Revenue Growth for FY2016-MBE.AX

LVT .... Digital workplace solutions for commercial and education mkts.Marketing agreement (a while back) hasn't morphed into an upgrade atp. Subscription rev from zero to $649,000 in one month. $9.7 mill cash balance.Receipts $317,000 for qtr (YTD 9 months $748,000). OCF $75,000(R&D grant $1,502,000)(YTD -$5,540mill.
    Dist agreement with Tech Data Corp (USA), network of 115,000 resellers.
    29 new customers, total 120. Now licensed to schools representing 3.6 mill +students and teachers.
    Another work in progress. Must try to remeberto keep a watch for some time.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 03-05-2016 at 10:17 PM.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Fab results for APX ,$1.59 atm. Growth everywhere no debt and 97% repeat revenue. $12.7 mill cash balance Double digit (low)growth outlook but less than 2015.. Over $60 mill orders in hand FY16.
    Hitting $1.90 today and Facebook and snapchat MAY be new clients

http://www.marketwire.com.au/broker-watch/revised-earnings-guidance-could-drive-appen-higher/

Worth a look at AER - early weather warning system. Started as a B2C company which flopped, now gaining some traction in the B2B market with most recent sale to boating insurance company Club Marine a division of Allianz. Around a $7.1m market cap with $2.1m cash - less than some shells!

Quote Originally Posted by duncan22 View Post
    Worth a look at AER - early weather warning system. Started as a B2C company which flopped, now gaining some traction in the B2B market with most recent sale to boating insurance company Club Marine a division of Allianz. Around a $7.1m market cap with $2.1m cash - less than some shells!
    Nice find Duncan, how are you doing your scans for these companies?

I always evaluate the market cap of the company on a fully diluted basis - e.g. include all options as though they are ordinary shares (so it gives you a most dilute scenario).

Listed: 26,323,730
    Escrowed: 28,578,840
    Options: 9,340,000

Total (Fully Diluted Basis): 64,242,570
    Current Price: 13cps
    Current Fully Diluted Market Cap: $8,351,534.10 AUD

Looks cheap if you believe in their refocus.
    “If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Dej View Post
    Nice find Duncan, how are you doing your scans for these companies?

I always evaluate the market cap of the company on a fully diluted basis - e.g. include all options as though they are ordinary shares (so it gives you a most dilute scenario).

Listed: 26,323,730
    Escrowed: 28,578,840
    Options: 9,340,000

Total (Fully Diluted Basis): 64,242,570
    Current Price: 13cps
    Current Fully Diluted Market Cap: $8,351,534.10 AUD

Looks cheap if you believe in their refocus.
    I usually include options but given they were all way out of the money at 40c prices excluded them.

Ive been scanning for:
    - Market cap below $100m
    - PE Ratio above 0.01 (so profitable)

Then removing all Mining, Finance & Biotech (med equipment okay) companies plus ETFs etc

Which leaves about 300 companies, then go through each one and see what they do and if interesting keep looking into it.

Does anyone know when companies like Westpac AU update their PE Ratio figures? How far after a half or full year report do you think? Wish they had a "last updated" date on each stock.

IMO
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 09-05-2016 at 09:32 AM.