sharetrader
Page 79 of 128 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Darchie View Post
    Well i say Saamee, that's not completely true in my case as, I get an email notification; log in Immediately and often find small B loans are already filled and gone!
    It's almost like my notifications are 10 minutes old before I receive them!
    These small B loans (2k-6k) are filling in under 10 seconds. It's like only one investor is filling the entire amount, yet large A loans are up for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Saamee View Post
    With Email notification he will be ahead of where he is now.

Yes agree, they still may not help him wrt speed

ll depends on the size of the loan!.
    Size doesn't seem to matter - it depends more on the interest rate - little demand for A loans but huge demand for B loans.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by emerald View Post
    Size doesn't seem to matter - it depends more on the interest rate - little demand for A loans but huge demand for B loans.
    If a loan appears a reasonably short time after a previous one, there may be tail end lenders logging in to view the previous loan just as the new loan is listed.

I think some email servers do not allow push notifications so that could cause a delay of you need to rely on a regular fetch.

What I would really like is a beep, whistle etc when an email arrives in my phone. Like a text does. Maybe this can be done but I am not up with all the tricks.
    Another thing I think about is that one has to invest 8 to 10 times the amount per loan that I do at Harmoney and as yet no defaults. If and when there is a LC default it is going to have a big effect on my RAR. The security factor does not come into it for my way of thinking
    I have about 25K in each and invest $25-75 in B and C loans at Harmoney and $250=400 in LC loans. I have been in H since the start and after dabbling with a few "testers" at $25 I was putting $100-200 per loan. At around 18 months I got hit with a few defaults that knocked my RAR of 15% down to 11%. For the last year or so I have only been investing as above and my RAR is slowly climbing. 12.9% and I am happy at that. LC RAR has never made the 12% due to my inability to score B loans very often. And then if I get a $300 default at LC the RAR will drop considerably.
    It is all good fun though and it is still subsidizing the returns from term deposits at the banks and that is the reason I am in.
    Soolaimon

Quote Originally Posted by emerald View Post
    These small B loans (2k-6k) are filling in under 10 seconds. It's like only one investor is filling the entire amount, yet large A loans are up for hours.
    I am no expert but wouldn't be surprised if these are being filled by automated trading of some sort. You would have no chance beating that manually and to be honest that kind of race doesn't feel like prudent investing!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Soolaimon View Post
    What I would really like is a beep, whistle etc when an email arrives in my phone. Like a text does. Maybe this can be done but I am not up with all the tricks....
    Try in IOS:
    Settings-notifications-mail-allow notifications-then click on your mail provider-select type of sound

However your mail provider's server may not allow push notifications so you may need to settle on fetching mail (for example) every 15 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Try in IOS:
    Settings-notifications-mail-allow notifications-then click on your mail provider-select type of sound

However your mail provider's server may not allow push notifications so you may need to settle on fetching mail (for example) every 15 mins.
    Thanks Bjauck, I have always allowed Notifications, however the sound had been deactivated somehow?
    Not sure that I will persist with LC, certainly not putting any more $ in at this stage. I will wait and see if they can come up with a fairer allocation to us retail lenders.
    Soolaimon

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Soolaimon View Post
    Thanks Bjauck, I have always allowed Notifications, however the sound had been deactivated somehow?
    Not sure that I will persist with LC, certainly not putting any more $ in at this stage. I will wait and see if they can come up with a fairer allocation to us retail lenders.
    It is definitely a lottery for those lenders who cannot login asa a notification comes in.

Apologies if it is a basic suggestion - but when you reach the step then enables you to select the type of sound (eg "pulse") have you checked to ensure that you have not selected "none."

You get a sound when you get a text, so I am presuming notification sound alerts are turned on.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 02-08-2017 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    It is definitely a lottery for those lenders who cannot login asa a notification comes in.

Apologies if it is a basic suggestion - but when you reach the step then enables you to select the type of sound (eg "pulse") have you checked to ensure that you have not selected "none."

You get a sound when you get a text, so I am presuming notification sound alerts are turned on.
    Yes, I am sure the sounds are turned on. Thanks.
    Soolaimon

I see what you guys mean. I haven't invested anything new in LC for a month or so and now it seems impossible to get anything!

They need to sort this with some sort of auto invest option.