sharetrader
Page 103 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1274

Yup. Finding it impossible to get any loans recently. Surely no one can consistently log in and claim all available notes within seconds each and every time a loan is listed. Definitely some automation still out there

I think I know what's happening now. Randomly logged in at 3:18pm and there was a $3250 B1 loan listed!*

The notification email didn't come in until 3:29pm! So I guess the emails are broken for at least some investors. I would be interested to hear if anyone else got this email any earlier or later than this?

*even without the notification email, the loan still filled up within 1 minute
    Last edited by Kelvin; 08-01-2019 at 02:37 PM.

yeah, nah

Arrived in my inbox @ 3:22pm... (gmail)

Default Delayed Emails = Problem Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin View Post
    I think I know what's happening now. Randomly logged in at 3:18pm and there was a $3250 B1 loan listed!*

The notification email didn't come in until 3:29pm! So I guess the emails are broken for at least some investors. I would be interested to hear if anyone else got this email any earlier or later than this?

*even without the notification email, the loan still filled up within 1 minute
    I'm with Yahoo Mail... And yes since New Year the Emails have been very badly delayed ( Mobile & Laptop Yahoo Pop3 Emails )

Really has not assisted my investing - as I keep missing out

Thanks myles and Saamee. I have sent an email to LC support detailing the issue.

Btw, i am using Gmail

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by leesal View Post
    Agree with your logic, however if the B1/B2 10% flex loans weren't available, you'd be forced to consider the 25% flex against the other P2P and investment options.

Not quite sure that agree on avoiding B2 loans. There is no certainty a recession will hit in the next year, coupled with the (albeit limited) historical data from Lending Club from 2007 and 2008, that demonstrate small positive returns from A-C grades (without any security). Do you view B2 as more risky then a Lending Club (or for that matter Harmoney) unsecured loan?
    I haven't done statistical analysis but I would treat B2 as a Harmoney c1-c3.
    Although a recesssion is not a certainty I would say international and local conditions are not as rosy as they once were, so the business cycle is maturing.
    Risk tolerance and ability to absorb capital write-offs may also depend on your tax circumstances (whether or not you can claim deductions for capital write-offs). On that basis it may effect retail investors willingness to undertake greater risk.

So in the next recession, if you are able to deduct loan write-offs that could make a material difference to your net returns.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin View Post
    Thanks myles and Saamee. I have sent an email to LC support detailing the issue.

Btw, i am using Gmail
    I use gmail too...and have been able to login immediately recently. When I do, even the bigger loans (apart from those charging 25% flex) have gone.

I know it sounds cynical but are the big investors moneyed up and able to take first dibs again?
    Last edited by Bjauck; 09-01-2019 at 03:34 PM.

I use Google G Suite (business Gmail). The LC emails arrive within a minute of being sent. This is typical for a good email service as it's not checking every second.
    I have an automated sequence that logs me in quite quickly.
    Occasionally I'll be very early to get into a B1 and the majority is still remaining to be invested.
    It's virtually impossible to get into a B2 of around $3k or less - it seems someone is using automation and taking big chunks, possibly $2000 for the first bite then repeating the order with a few hundred dollars and so on until they have all or the majority of the loan. I've seen loans drop several thousand at a time (I've watched loans by continually refreshing the page to see how quickly they disappear)
    If I was going to do it, I would simply poll the page every 30-60 seconds and watch for changes then automatically take the order. To ensure I got all the loan, I'd probably run several parallel accounts all using some kind of scraper, just to reduce the suspiciousness of one account always getting the majority of a loan.
    Having said that, I really don't think LC cares at all that someone is using software. They just want to fill the loan. Until they get to a point where there are more loans than investors and some loans don't get filled because people are frustrated with the system, there's no reason for them to change this.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenc View Post
    I have an automated sequence that logs me in quite quickly.
    I would be interested to hear more from you about what you have set up here?

Is using in Windows 10?

Rgds

Quote Originally Posted by Saamee View Post
    I would be interested to hear more from you about what you have set up here?

Is using in Windows 10?

Rgds
    Android - it's simple. I saved a shortcut to the phone's screen with the password saved in Chrome. I click the icon which opens the website in Chrome and fills in the username and password automatically, click sign in, click loan listings. It takes less than 5 seconds. On Windows, I have a shortcut in the browser bar - same deal and no need for anything more complex.