@Entrep, no one knows your risk appetite but you. In theory, if everything is 'normal', you probably have least risk in Squirrel, a little more in LC and a little more in Harmoney, but it very much depends on how you invest.

If there was suddenly a run on the 'shield' in Squirrel, and you have a large amount invested in a small number of loans you could find yourself well out of pocket.

The same could be said for the others, but a well diversified investment is always going to be the safest.

I struggle to get money into LC at $250 per loan at the moment, occasionally $500 (I suspect it would take you years not months to invest $50K, but that is only of what I've seen in the last 2 months). I'm not prepared to invest any more in a single loan as I think the risk is too high at that level.

The rule of thumb seems to be an investment size of 1% or less of your capital is the 'safe' amount. I personally try to invest more smaller amounts (I currently have an average loan size of $85 in each loan out of 50K in Harmoney that I'm very comfortable with). But then you need to consider the risk grades you invest in.

There is no one answer