sharetrader
Page 4 of 128 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Saamee View Post
    Yes exactly Humvee. At least they apologised with a personal phone call to let you know....
    I didnt get a phone call... just noticed all the email addresses as soon as i opened it.

Any way whats done is done.

The main thing is they (and others) learn from the mistake. As it is a mistake too many businesses make too often. Other then privacy the biggest issue is it provides a nice little database for spaming, scamming or even targeted phishing attempts.

I often receive phishing attempts from hacked email accounts. When i look to see how i would have been listed in the email account that sent it the only connection is I was cc'ed in to an email that they also received when a company we both dealt with failed to use bcc

Not much action on this thread for a week or two but then also not much action on LC either, only one loan this last week (that I noticed). They say they are getting lots of applications for loans but are being very selective for quality, also still in soft launch mode so hopefully an increase in loans is not too far away. I still like the perceived security with LC and am balancing investment between them and Harmoney.
    Soolaimon

Quote Originally Posted by Soolaimon View Post
    Not much action on this thread for a week or two but then also not much action on LC either, only one loan this last week (that I noticed). They say they are getting lots of applications for loans but are being very selective for quality, also still in soft launch mode so hopefully an increase in loans is not too far away. I still like the perceived security with LC and am balancing investment between them and Harmoney.
    I agree 100% with you about your 'balancing' strategy. I am now 50 \ 50 balanced between LC & HM.

In the 5 working days just gone by I have seen and invested in 5 loans on LC!

At 07:00am Sunday they still have 2 x loans available.

A week or 2 back I did notice one loan was only up for 24 hours and went fast.

I called LC up and asked why such a short loan fill time.

It was for a Car Loan @ Auction where borrower needed to know they had the approval to spend.
    Last edited by Saamee; 20-03-2016 at 07:13 AM.

Just a Status update for anybody that is interested > I have been with LC since late DEC 2015 > Now invested in 41 loans over that 3 months. No missed payments yet. No written off loans. All ticking along very well

Default Interest flex

Quote Originally Posted by Darchie View Post
    I plan to test my toe in this pond. Do think the 10% fee on actual interest paid could ultimately end up costing me less than Harmoneys method of continually clipping the ticket on these re-writes ...
    At this point, Harmony's system cost me 4% of the interest. Yes that may increase a bit with the number of re-writes, and it seems ultimately unfair that we should pay twice the fee simply because the borrower has been allowed to re-write its loan, but we are still way below LC's 10%.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by emveha View Post
    At this point, Harmony's system cost me 4% of the interest. Yes that may increase a bit with the number of re-writes, and it seems ultimately unfair that we should pay twice the fee simply because the borrower has been allowed to re-write its loan, but we are still way below LC's 10%.
    How do the rates of capital write-offs compare? For some investors they could cost more than the service charges. In addition, capital charge-offs, if you are not "in business", are unlikely (DYOR) to be deductible for tax.

Default Net returns for HM and LC.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    How do the rates of capital write-offs compare? For some investors they could cost more than the service charges. In addition, capital charge-offs, if you are not "in business", are unlikely (DYOR) to be deductible for tax.
    Assuming that I cannot deduct charge-offs or writeoffs, I will still net about 15% with Harmoney after taking in all the fees including rewrites and writeoffs. With LC, I will net only about 12.5% after Interest Flex.

However, I am happy to be in both. I just started with Lendme as well.

Glad to find this forum - Wayne put me on to it after I suggested to him that some kind of blog for investors would be useful. Still would be.
    I'm just starting on LC -- as a retired person, I'm trying to live on bank interest, and expecting to fail at this when my 5-year bank investments finish next year, so it is toe in the water with LC as a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Bear View Post
    Assuming that I cannot deduct charge-offs or writeoffs, I will still net about 15% with Harmoney after taking in all the fees including rewrites and writeoffs. With LC, I will net only about 12.5% after Interest Flex.

However, I am happy to be in both. I just started with Lendme as well.

Hi Cool Bear. Good to have a new lender on board with LendMe.

We funded a couple of large loans last week and have three currently on the site. Keep an eye on the site over the next week. We have a number of loans in the pipeline and are waiting for borrowers to supply the final pieces of information.

MM

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus@LendMe View Post
    Hi Cool Bear. Good to have a new lender on board with LendMe.

We funded a couple of large loans last week and have three currently on the site. Keep an eye on the site over the next week. We have a number of loans in the pipeline and are waiting for borrowers to supply the final pieces of information.

MM
    I have still got my eye on the site, but nothing yet????
    Soolaimon