sharetrader
Page 58 of 128 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsis View Post
    Thanks guys. I am with ASB and have not had problems before. Might give them a call.
    ASB to ASB is instant these days.

Aedi can sometmes clear the same day with a call or Email to let her know you have done a Xfer.

Trust you will get it sorted out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyPicker View Post
    Yes. I too had somewhat relied on the same day clearance for deposits. In the past month maybe, it's now taken 2-3 working days to clear. (Disc, I'm with Westpac.)
    My last one this week from ANZ to LC was over a day to process by LC. I had hoped same day but it seems to have taken a touch longer this week

Yeah actually got in, in time for a loan. It is still open. Usually I have been missing out of late.

Has the fact that LC reported no write-offs in their first year influence your investing? I find myself looking an investment opportunity over, having some questions about how good it might be and then saying to myself -"but they had not write-off"

Quote Originally Posted by DonB View Post
    Has the fact that LC reported no write-offs in their first year influence your investing? I find myself looking an investment opportunity over, having some questions about how good it might be and then saying to myself -"but they had not write-off"
    Odds are they will have writeoffs in time. It does influence me sublimely but deep down I try to ignore this and invest without that knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by whitt View Post
    Odds are they will have write offs in time. It does influence me sublimely but deep down I try to ignore this and invest without that knowledge.
    Lending Crowd are only 'Human' too. So one day yes they will surely have to release\ issue a Write Off to the Investors. ( It will be a big shock to us all....... And Them! )

However you got to agree both their Borrower selections criteria and their Arrears collection procedures are working correctly right now

The last week or two there seems to have been more listings which is good

I was thinking it would be nice if there was a 'pre approval' limit for lending on loans. Then I wouldn't be rushing to deposit funds like I am today...

It could work on a ratio system, allowing for defaults. So for example if I had $5000 invested I might be allowed a limit up to $100 to lend on loans without having the cash immediately available. LC have my whole loan portfolio as security so if I don't deposit the $100 in 3 working days they simply retrieve the funds from my returns over time. (Yes, this requires a reasonable amount of backend dev work.)

The maximum amount offered to me is a ratio of my portfolio rated against their calculated default rates, with a margin for 'piece of mind' security added. They could even charge penalty interest if they're concerned about their loan to debt ratio being adversely affected.

In this case the $100 might not seem like much, but that's not the point, it's to let you invest in loans without having cash sitting unused.

Sounds good or silly?

Quote Originally Posted by PennyPicker View Post
    I was thinking it would be nice if there was a 'pre approval' limit for lending on loans. Then I wouldn't be rushing to deposit funds like I am today...

It could work on a ratio system, allowing for defaults. So for example if I had $5000 invested I might be allowed a limit up to $100 to lend on loans without having the cash immediately available. LC have my whole loan portfolio as security so if I don't deposit the $100 in 3 working days they simply retrieve the funds from my returns over time. (Yes, this requires a reasonable amount of backend dev work.)

The maximum amount offered to me is a ratio of my portfolio rated against their calculated default rates, with a margin for 'piece of mind' security added. They could even charge penalty interest if they're concerned about their loan to debt ratio being adversely affected.

In this case the $100 might not seem like much, but that's not the point, it's to let you invest in loans without having cash sitting unused.

Sounds good or silly?
    Hi 'PP' > Yes it's Xmas however I somehow don't think Wayne will give you a Ho Ho Ho!

I get what you are saying but I guess it will stay as a 'Cash Up Front' basis.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Saamee View Post
    Hi 'PP' > Yes it's Xmas however I somehow don't think Wayne will give you a Ho Ho Ho!

I get what you are saying but I guess it will stay as a 'Cash Up Front' basis.
    When on call interest rates increase, maybe they will consider paying interest on the investor's account over a certain balance.