sharetrader
Page 63 of 128 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ketel one View Post
    i just realised that the provance text alerts stopped quite a while ago now - it was what was prompting me to re-invest in loans and since they've stopped i've forgotten to log in to lc!

How are people getting email notifications of loans? I've had a look through my settings on my account but can't see anything?
    settings >> investment account settings

Capture.jpg
    Last edited by Saamee; 09-03-2017 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saamee View Post
    settings >> investment account settings

Capture.jpg
    Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ketel One View Post
    I just realised that the Provance text alerts stopped quite a while ago now
    Hi, I emailed everyone a week before taking the service down. I'm sorry if you got missed off the list or my email may have gone to the spam folder.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyPicker View Post
    Hi, I emailed everyone a week before taking the service down. I'm sorry if you got missed off the list or my email may have gone to the spam folder.
    No worries at all - I was aware the service was going down, I just didn't get round to figuring out the LC email notifications till now.

Saw a few email notifications for loans I would have bought into over the weekend but was too slow to get any of them. Will need set up my phone's notifications for LC emails to be really obnoxious to get me to jump on it each time I receive one!
    Last edited by Ketel One; 13-03-2017 at 10:17 AM.

Most borrowers on LC use a vehicle and/or property as security.
    Does anyone know if LC take into account the depreciating value of a vehicle when issuing the loan? Also, what happens if the borrower has crashed the car and now has a car of a lesser value than the car that was used as security for the loan?
    What happens to the LC loan when the borrower defaults on their house mortgage and the bank forces a mortgagee sale which may only cover the mortgage?
    I've called LC and put these questions to them but never got a straight answer. I personally like to know what I'm investing in!
    Last edited by icyfire; 16-03-2017 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by icyfire View Post
    Most borrowers on LC use a vehicle and/or property as security.
    Does anyone know if LC take into account the depreciating value of a vehicle when issuing the loan? Also, what happens if the borrower has crashed the car and now has a car of a lesser value than the car that was used as security for the loan?
    What happens to the LC loan when the borrower defaults on their house mortgage and the bank forces a mortgagee sale which may only cover the mortgage?
    I've called LC and put these questions to them but never got a straight answer. They said that they can't reveal such information. That's not very transparent IMO. I personally like to know what I'm investing in!
    Have you called Wayne Croad and spoken with him directly? He's very approachable.... He'll give you a straight answer to a straight question...

With all due respect. Maybe this form of investment is not for you. This is high risk, thus the high returns. A lot of borrowers that use this type of lending are not able to source funds from other lenders such as banks. In many cases this is the last stop.

Quote Originally Posted by mccollr View Post
    With all due respect. Maybe this form of investment is not for you. This is high risk, thus the high returns. A lot of borrowers that use this type of lending are not able to source funds from other lenders such as banks. In many cases this is the last stop.
    I am fully aware of the high risk, however, I'd still like to have an understanding of what I am investing in as opposed to just hoping for the best.

@Saamee Yes I've spoken to Wayne Croad and I did not get a straight answer unfortunately hence I am asking on this forum.
    Last edited by icyfire; 15-03-2017 at 10:47 PM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Question Lost in translation

Quote Originally Posted by icyfire View Post
    ...Yes I've spoken to Wayne Croad and I did not get a straight answer unfortunately hence I am asking on this forum.
    Perhaps you would be so good as to tell us, as precisely as you can, what he actually said.
    Then we can take it from there.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by PennyPicker View Post
    Hi Aaron, I just tried to send you a PM but it says your inbox is full and it won't accept any new messages