sharetrader
Page 76 of 128 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Darchie View Post
    Obviously not a planned bit of maintenance ... more like more like unforseen problems... i haven't bothered ringing them, has anyone else rung to see what handle they're putting on it?
    Sent them a msg. on Facebook. They said the maintenance is taking longer than expected, and aim to have it back up by the end of the day

This outage is going on much too long. I am beginning to worry...

It's a long outage for sure. As a reasonably young and very small company, perhaps they have immature rollback and recovery processes. Certainly if it looked like the problem was going to be more than an hour they should have considered rolling back to backup and solving the problem without a clock hanging over their heads. Of course... that's assuming the backups have been working (I could tell you some stories).

Realistically while the site is down there are no new loans issued, so it's not as if some users are benefiting while others miss out, presumably all investors are locked out. So when the system comes up the deposits will be calculated and new loans aggregated. And life will go on. Unless of course someone with a stuffed briefcase is currently flying to South America and it's damage control...

That's also what I thought PennyPicker - something must have gone wrong with their backups or rollback process.

It's pretty poor that they've not provided any update on their Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin View Post
    That's also what I thought PennyPicker - something must have gone wrong with their backups or rollback process.

It's pretty poor that they've not provided any update on their Facebook page
    I would have thought an Email out to all Active Lenders & Borrowers would have taken very little effort.

They do not have their own IT resources, so maybe their Outsourcer has had an IT Centre outage....

It's a shocker, it is SO EASY for companies to COMMUNICATE with their customers in this day and age when this kind of thing happens. FB is too easy and doesn't even require their own systems to be up.
    Last edited by Entrep; 23-06-2017 at 07:01 AM.

I agree guys, a few minutes to write a carefully worded message to, as you say Saamee, all active lenders would peoples minds at ease. They probably forget because they're on the inside looking out, but P2P lending in NZ is in it's infancy and hiccups like this can make the market more nervy than it needs to be.

Maybe there's feature suggestion here; preferred communication channel when there's an issue, Facebook, SMS, twitter, email. I could knock that out in a weekend. Wayne, call me, I do contracting

BTW, site is back.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyPicker View Post
    I agree guys, a few minutes to write a carefully worded message to, as you say Saamee, all active lenders would peoples minds at ease. They probably forget because they're on the inside looking out, but P2P lending in NZ is in it's infancy and hiccups like this can make the market more nervy than it needs to be.

Maybe there's feature suggestion here; preferred communication channel when there's an issue, Facebook, SMS, twitter, email. I could knock that out in a weekend. Wayne, call me, I do contracting

BTW, site is back.
    So I just seen. Thanks PP

I'm having trouble exporting the statements ... is it just me or have others had trouble also?

Quote Originally Posted by Darchie View Post
    I'm having trouble exporting the statements ... is it just me or have others had trouble also?
    @Darchie > Have just tried and although it took a long time to build the statement, and even longer to Export ( much spinning of wheels ) it did work and Download OK