sharetrader
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

ICYMI PeakTV talks to Richard Irving (Executive Chairman) and Ross Haghighat (Non-executive Director) of Emefcy (EMC). Excellent propects ahead for this company I think. I doubled my holding during the Trump slump.

http://www.peakassetmanagement.com.au/emc/

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    ICYMI PeakTV talks to Richard Irving (Executive Chairman) and Ross Haghighat (Non-executive Director) of Emefcy (EMC). Excellent propects ahead for this company I think. I doubled my holding during the Trump slump.

http://www.peakassetmanagement.com.au/emc/
    Thanks for posting the link silu. I watched this video a few days ago and can thoroughly recommend it to any prospective investor who is interested in a very brief overview of the company, or for existing investors who need a recap on current status.

Great story unfolding here. 2017 will be transformational IF the company continues to tick off the milestones they have set for themsleves.

Advanced Member

EMC announces another strategic China Partnership (their fourth and largest). Potential to lead to over 10,000 wastewater treatment plans meaning nearly A$800 million pipeline potential with an estimated A$130mill in the first year.

They are going from strength to strength and am happy to be a holder.

IMO

Dang ,thats not a part of my script; i haven't bought back in yet

"Subject to the satisfactory performance of the demonstration plant, in Phase II of this engagement, theparties anticipate signing a long-term agreement whereby CGGC INV commits to purchase at least10,000 MABR modules in the first year after signing the agreement in order to secure an exclusiveposition for the Provinces of Hubei and Hebei where the company has a substantial presence. "

Advanced Member

Current MC still under 200mill!! But not for long

Management will host a live webcast on 6th December to discuss details.

From memory they promised contracts in three regions in China this quarter (????), this makes the fourth...wonderful news.

CGGC is a behemoth..."China Gezhouba Group Corporation (CGGC) is one of China’s largest construction and engineering companies which operates in over 100 countries, with over 4,000 successful projects, including the great Three Gorges Dam Project. CGGC INV, a wholly owned subsidiary of CGGC, is a leading enterprise both within China and internationally in the wastewater treatment, water, transportation and energy sectors".

JT...you are still in great shape in the stock picking comp. Trading hasn't cracked the dollar again yet today. I guess it's possible that, as good as the FA on this company is now, it may well trade within its current range until some of the demo plants are certified. If those are successful, the orders will start rolling in and the brakes will come off the SP very quickly. As previous posters have pointed out, the scale of the ordering is likely to be in the thousands and tens of thousands of units. Exciting times.

I guess it's possible that, as good as the FA on this company is now, it may well trade within its current range until some of the demo plants are certified. If those are successful, the orders will start rolling in and the brakes will come off the SP very quickly. As previous posters have pointed out, the scale of the ordering is likely to be in the thousands and tens of thousands of units. Exciting times.
    Very exciting times for this company. That announcement with CGGC was a whopper. It seems that every time I go away EMC come out with another big piece of news. I'm away again next week so here's some advance warning, buy up this week before I go...

Advanced Member

From the AFR:
    A company with Israeli technology, run by a Brit, looking for "patient capital" to expand into China shuns Silicon Valley and instead lists on the ASX.
    The story of waste water treatment company, Emefcy confounds conventional wisdom on at least two fronts.
    Firstly, Australian investors are often criticised for being overly focused on short-term outcomes, while also being sceptical about the ability of locally-listed companies to make it overseas.
    "Not true", according to the Californian based chairman of Emefcy, Richard Irving, who says he chose the ASX as the investment community was more patient than venture capitalists in Silicon Valley and the local market had a better understanding of China.

Emefcy's stock price has rallied 350 per cent this year, giving the company a market value approaching $200 million. Daniel Munoz
    "In California, the VC's are always looking to flip you for the next deal," he said via phone.

"We have found Australian investors more patient while the country is also appealing as it has a large number of high net worth individuals and family offices."
    Irving's generosity towards Australia is hardly surprising, given Emefcy's stock price has rallied 350 per cent this year, giving the company a market value approaching $200 million.
    But more interesting than the stock's performance or the eccentricity of its origins, is what it says about emerging opportunities in China.
    Amid criticism by the likes of former Trade Minister Andrew Robb that Australian investment levels in China were "embarrassing", Emefcy and others including biotech play iQnovate are showing this is not entirely true.

Both highlight what China now wants from foreign companies. While food and resources will continue to be major exports for Australia, China's leadership is increasingly looking for foreign help in medical care and environmental solutions.
    Emefcy is targeting the problem of raw sewerage being pumped into China's waterways, which creates algal blooms and kills fish.
    In its current five-year plan, China's central government is focusing on rural areas and aims to increase the amount of treated water from just 10 per cent to 70 per cent by 2020.
    The budget for such a project will run to many billions and Emefcy reckons it can capture around $800 million in sales from installing 10,000 of its modular plants over the next three to four years.

To achieve this, it has signed four joint venture partnerships in different regions across China and plans to build and have its own factory operational in Jiangsu Province by the second half of next year.
    "We are moving fast," says Irving.
    Cheaper to run

According to Irving, a native of London, Emefcy's advantage is that its technology is cheaper to run and install than other treatment plants and allows solar energy to be used, an important function in areas of China which are not grid-connected.

As always, the implementation will be more challenging than the big picture numbers suggest, but Emefcy's early stage success should provide some encouragement for those who doubt Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull's "ideas boom" can be realised.

IMO

Back in with you guys today . But s/p looking weak still atp. Had FOMO but stuck to my buy price and have funds set for more but it is technically weak and KW would be admonishing me. Hope next announcement is close as it may help me beat Jenny and win the ASX comp too.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Back in with you guys today . But s/p looking weak still atp. Had FOMO but stuck to my buy price and have funds set for more but it is technically weak and KW would be admonishing me. Hope next announcement is close as it may help me beat Jenny and win the ASX comp too.
    I'm surprised to see EMC back in the 80s, but then again maybe that's not so surprising given the uncertainty around Trump vs. China (who knows how that could develop) and also confirmation that WaaS is going to take longer than expected to bear fruit thanks to legislative hurdles in California. So things could drift for a bit between now and when EMC get their first certification in China. The most recent partnership they announced certainly has massive potential and certification of their demo plant in the next few months will be key to that one playing out.