Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
Thats part of it. The other thing is we have already established above that P2P is higher risk, so naturally as you get older, you reduce your exposure to high risk investments. A 65yo probably shouldn't have any money in Harmoney except maybe the A and B loans.

I cant see how you can save for a house deposit in something with a 3y liquidity timeframe.
As you get older you should reduce the percent of your wealth in riskier assets, however your wealth, in many or most cases, increases as you become older, so the total amount invested in riskier assets may actually increase.

I guess if you have a plan to buy a house in say 5 years time, it would allow you to invest for about a cycle or two in P2P loans and allow access to the funds for when you are in a position to look for a property. I see Harmoney are still pushing the "P2P saving for a first home" line. https://www.harmoney.co.nz/blog/saving-for-first-home " The benefit for investors, and first home buyers trying to grow their deposit faster, is that the return on your investment is considerably better than the return offered by high-interest bank accounts, meaning you can save up for that deposit faster."