sharetrader
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin View Post
    Question for everyone here investing in P2P:

How much of your portfolio is in P2P lending? I have roughly 18% at this stage

8%, target is 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    18% of your fixed interest portfolio or total financial investments or total portfolio including real estate (including equity investment in owner occupied real estate?)
    Total portfolio

27% of my total financial investment portfolio at present, but this will reduce. I don't include my home. I only include investments I can make income off.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipi View Post
    27% of my total financial investment portfolio at present, but this will reduce. I don't include my home. I only include investments I can make income off.
    Does your statement mean you are Proactively taking Funds out of P2P? If so can I ask you why?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin View Post
    Question for everyone here investing in P2P:

How much of your portfolio is in P2P lending? I have roughly 18% at this stage
    about 7% of my total investments.

Take the rental property out and its about 23%

Including rental and owner occupier property its about 4.3%

Guru

You can make money from the equity in your home - either by renting it out or taking in lodgers. If you did not have your home you would need to rent. Depending on the home and your stage in life, you could trade down and reinvest the excess. In NZ it is for many their main investment and their pension plan. In my opinion. determining how diversified your investments are becomes meaningless if you don't include the current value of the equity invested in your home - especially when assessing investment diversification among those whom may or may not own their own homes.

In my opinion, 27% in p2p sounds like a high proportion of your investments in a new potentially risky asset class. However, if you have 80% of your total investment equity invested in your own home, then I would not come to that conclusion.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 10-04-2017 at 01:50 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by alistar_mid View Post
    about 7% of my total investments.

Take the rental property out and its about 23%

Including rental and owner occupier property its about 4.3%
    I am cautious. About 10% of my fixed interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Saamee View Post
    Does your statement mean you are Proactively taking Funds out of P2P? If so can I ask you why?
    No I am not, I have put all I want to currently in Harmoney so letting that build up with reinvesting. I'm putting money aside for shares, so my % in p2p will reduce.

I see what you mean. I am new to all this, so have never looked at my home in my investment portfolio, as I will always need a roof over my head. I do include it in my networth though. I look at my investment portfolio as something that will make me money to live off, (currently have no interested in getting borders etc). So if I included this and also my business it brings me down to 4%.

[Bjauck] In my opinion, 27% in p2p sounds like a high proportion of your investments in a new potentially risky asset class. However, if you have 80% of your total investment equity invested in your own home, then I would not come to that conclusion.[/QUOTE]

Guru

I see what you mean. I am new to all this, so have never looked at my home in my investment portfolio, as I will always need a roof over my head. I do include it in my networth though. I look at my investment portfolio as something that will make me money to live off, (currently have no interested in getting borders etc). So if I included this and also my business it brings me down to 4%.
    I dont include my house in my investment portfolio (even though it has capital growth and provides imputed rents) and my decision is not investment based. It is emotional based, I chose it based on the type of house I want to live in and the stage of life and wealth I am at. If it was investment based, I would probably live somewhere smaller or choosen a place with bigger capital gain potential, or maybe even choosen to rent and buy a rental elsewhere.

If I was young, and my house was just a stepping stone, then it might be 100% investment based.