sharetrader
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

PS Longhaul, I'd be interested in your learning TA journey as it's something I do plan on getting into further

Latest update. My thoughts on Prophecy international and TFS Corporstions half year results. And some roller coaster share prices to boot.

http://20kstockproject.blogspot.com/...l-and-tfs.html

What's the logic of sitting in so much cash?

Hi Ascend,

Cash isn't part of the plan. I'm looking into opportunities all the time, but I'm trying to avoid jumping in just because I don't want to have a pile of cash. It's counterproductive to my year long timeframe, but so is jumping in to a company just because.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by muss1 View Post
    Hi Ascend,

Cash isn't part of the plan. I'm looking into opportunities all the time, but I'm trying to avoid jumping in just because I don't want to have a pile of cash. It's counterproductive to my year long timeframe, but so is jumping in to a company just because.

Cheers
    Missing out on some huge rebounds in the ASX Resources sector last 60-70days----- FMG 100%+,AGO BHP 20%+ , OSH,WPL 20%+ ,,,,as they say be greedy while others are fearful >>>
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Missing out on some huge rebounds in the ASX Resources sector last 60-70days----- FMG 100%+,AGO BHP 20%+ , OSH,WPL 20%+ ,,,,as they say be greedy while others are fearful >>>
    Yeah I'm tossing up whether to dabble in resources for this portfolio. Have bought in my main portfolio

I would recommend MGX ...give you a good safety net with 31cps in cash and now with the I.O price higher a profitable mining operation ,,,SP closed @21c ....
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

IMO

FMG -Vale alliance has put a rocket under FMG price. But are these gains ultra short lived(says he who didn't buy in Getting off before that no exit tunnel if things do reverse; just be nimble out there,good luck.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 08-03-2016 at 11:56 PM.

The problem I have with resources for this portfolio is that if you're wrong about the commodity you could be waiting years for the turnaround. No matter how carefully you select a cashed up, low debt operator, that only maximises the chance they won't go out of business before the commodity cycle turns up, not the short term SP performance.

I can wait that out in my main portfolio but it'll kill my one year horizon. However, there are some juicy companies on offer... Still trying to decide